AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/23 8:45 p.m.

I have a pair of C5 wheels in Canton MI that I need to get to RacetruckRon somewhere near Milwaukee WI. Not urgent. Anyone got a trip coming up?

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/24/23 9:53 p.m.

More specifically I'm in Janesville, WI (halfway between Rockford, IL and Madison, WI). I'm in the Milwaukee area a couple times a week for work so I'm all over Southern Wisconsin if anyone can get them close

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/24/23 10:11 p.m.

I'm in Chicago and make sales calls all over Wisconsin but not Michigan. If you can get my way.  

I do Indiana too.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
8/25/23 1:52 a.m.

If canton can get to GR, I can get close to Milwaukee.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/23 6:46 a.m.

What is the necessary time frame for Canton to GR? I may be able to get between the two.

8/25/23 9:36 a.m.

I'll let RTR speak to the urgency, if there is any. I owe Quasi a visit one of these days / weeks, so that part of the journey should be easy.

RacetruckRon
8/25/23 11:26 a.m.

I have no sense of urgency on these.  If they can wind up somewhere Milwaukee-ish that would be amazing.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
8/25/23 12:08 p.m.

I'm heading from Grand Rapids Mi to Elkhart Lake WI for a Lemons race October 7.  Space is tight but wheel can travel in the racecar if needbe.

8/25/23 2:25 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

That sounds like a good plan to me. Got any surplus aluminum I could bring back with me?

RacetruckRon
8/25/23 2:34 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Are you going across the lake or going down, around and back up through Wisconsin? If you are coming up through Wisconsin, what's your route you take?

It sounds like Ranger50 is in Milwaukee frequently but it's nice to have options.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
8/25/23 5:04 p.m.
akylekoz said:

I'm heading from Grand Rapids Mi to Elkhart Lake WI for a Lemons race October 7.  Space is tight but wheel can travel in the racecar if needbe.

And Tony's been to The MoFarm if I recall correctly. 

Angry I also have some plasticky stuff for you to check out and a Hunnit 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/25/23 5:37 p.m.

I'll be heading from SC to Elkhart lake late in October if that helps at all.  My buddy is coming from Fort Wayne Indiana and edon Ohio.  If it can get there, we can get them to milwaukee.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/25/23 6:03 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

I told myself I was going across Lake Michigan this year on the workhorse SS Badger.  Not this year.  

You can still take the smaller, faster ferry. 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/26/23 1:10 a.m.

Has getting to GR been handled already then? 

RacetruckRon
8/26/23 1:20 a.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Sounds like Angry can do Canton to Mofo in GR and then Ranger50 or akylekoz can make GR to southern Wisconsin happen.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
8/26/23 8:49 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

If you do head over to Casa Mofo ,there's a plasma cutter in my garage that belongs to you. I'm only a couple of miles off I-94.

8/26/23 9:46 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

If you do head over to Casa Mofo ,there's a plasma cutter in my garage that belongs to you. I'm only a couple of miles off I-94.

I haven't paid for it yet, job insecurity and all that, so it's not actually mine, LOL.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
8/26/23 5:07 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Possibly next weekend I can swing by your house (lets plan on Saturday), then Angrys and back. Does anyone need anything from the I94 corridor between Kalamazoo and Canton?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
8/27/23 8:58 a.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo (John Brown) :

I'll be here.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/27/23 9:14 a.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo (John Brown) :

Can you stretch over to the fruit stand at the #39 exit, I94, Coloma?

See if they have any peaches left?

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
8/28/23 10:42 a.m.

I sure do.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
8/28/23 12:26 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

In reply to akylekoz :

Are you going across the lake or going down, around and back up through Wisconsin? If you are coming up through Wisconsin, what's your route you take?

It sounds like Ranger50 is in Milwaukee frequently but it's nice to have options.

We will be traveling around the bottom of the lake and back.  For you non mid westerners, there is not a tunnel under the lake.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dlIx8hqYffcsSDDW7iXKF8guQtd12fnuglmMutSRNpKb4pKcQrhKOZusck2uO3jl