1 2 3
Eccentric_Gear_Head
Eccentric_Gear_Head New Reader
3/25/21 10:46 a.m.
Opti said:

Im saddened by the lack of representation in TX, north TX specifically. I dont do anything noteworthy, but we got the OCD powder coater ( I always forget his screen name) down the street from me in Weatherford, and Im pretty sure there are a lot of users in DFW

Old screen name Cousin Eddie.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/25/21 10:58 a.m.

Is the green dotted line in GA/ SC the migratory path of the Free Europa?  Looks like it- it needs a label. 

But that's just the path I hauled it on trailers. I think there are about 3 other stops along the way which have been overlooked.  (Jonny Pruitt hauled it from TX to Albany GA when I got it)

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/25/21 11:07 a.m.

"Dragon Tales" Deals Gap NC

"Ride the Wolf!" GA-180 Suches, GA

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/25/21 11:15 a.m.

What's the current location of the Yugo from Hell?

I had it in South GA when I brought it to the Challenge.  I sold it back to JThw8 in NJ.  I know he sold it (I think outside of the family), but I have lost track of it

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/25/21 11:30 a.m.

North of the border we need to honor High school shop extraordinaire in BC and the Molvo lair in Ontario.

3/26/21 7:15 a.m.

OK. Why was Margie's post about the location of the abandonment of the RV behind and shop removed. Did she Patio herself?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/26/21 8:22 a.m.

I think the excessive salt use circle needs to be expanded to cover a bit of northern Ohio.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
3/26/21 10:30 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

OK. Why was Margie's post about the location of the abandonment of the RV behind and shop removed. Did she Patio herself?

Actually, I did. Decided it was just noise, since the map is more forum-focused. Also, the T-word (Travco) gives me hives.

3/26/21 10:40 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

Actually, I did. Decided it was just noise, since the map is more forum-focused. Also, the T-word (Travco) gives me hives.

Well that's it, it has to go on the map as the 'hive of hives'

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/21 10:48 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

I think the excessive salt use circle needs to be expanded to cover a bit of northern Ohio.

And removed from the UP and Michigan's fingers.

Everything I needed to know about how much they don't salt up there, I learned when I saw a torsion bar Subaru when I was helping Greenhouse at Sno*Drift that one year.  (And the year wasn't 1986)

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/26/21 11:48 a.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

This is unacceptable..  You are a valuable member of the forum, and all forum/GRM lore is welcome to join the map.  The Patio is already represented.  Without a exact location or at least approximate location the entire upper midwest will be labeled with "Free Range Travco".

nocones
3/26/21 11:50 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
eastsideTim said:

Everything I needed to know about how much they don't salt up there, I learned when I saw a torsion bar Subaru when I was helping Greenhouse at Sno*Drift that one year.  (And the year wasn't 1986)

I apologize for any inaccuracies in the extent of the salt range.  It's unlikely I will make a change however.  It's not that I don't respect your assessments of the salt conditions in your local areas it's just you see removing things and moving things is hard because this is a MS Paint activity. 

Absolutely awesome! Thanks! laugh

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/26/21 12:04 p.m.
nocones said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
eastsideTim said:

I apologize for any inaccuracies in the extent of the salt range.  It's unlikely I will make a change however.  It's not that I don't respect your assessments of the salt conditions in your local areas it's just you see removing things and moving things is hard because this is a MS Paint activity. 

No worries.  If it was perfect, it'd be useless smiley

nocones
3/26/21 12:22 p.m.

UPDATE!

Link to full resolution

I think it's time to consider letting other people add to the map (I mean not that I was really controling it.. it's the internet you can do what you want).  Download the full resolution map, and use Comic Sans MS font in sizes 12/14 and re-upload it.  If you use the full resolution you can zoom in real good.  Otherwise continue to make suggestions and I will add them as time goes on.

Marjorie Suddard
3/26/21 12:33 p.m.

All right :)

The final resting place of the original Auto-X Travco, a vehicle so awful that we abandoned it despite the fact we had completely redone the exterior and interior and performed copious mechanical work, is in Grand Island, Nebraska. Tim left it behind a service station there in 1989 after it blew up a third time (yeah, we are slow learners),

I suspect it's probably still there, if anyone wants to zombify it (again). Don't.

Margie

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/26/21 3:15 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

Why would you go and give us a goal like that

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/26/21 3:44 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau (I live here) :

I think she means headshot.

Marjorie Suddard
3/26/21 3:56 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Nah, I know how this forum thinks. But srsly, do not. That way lie only pain and madness.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/27/21 8:00 a.m.

I'm not completely certain, but I think the Free Range Europa was in OH prior to TX.  Can anyone confirm?

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/27/21 8:27 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Nah, I know how this forum thinks. But srsly, do not. That way lie only pain and madness.

If it's still there, and has been sitting unattended for 32 years, the inside has to be a cross between science experiment and Thunderdome-like terrarium.

3/27/21 9:23 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I seem to recall a couple of articles in the mag about 20 years ago on RV's including adding swap bars, headers and some other work that made them more stable, better able to climb the mountains in Tennessee and getting better mpg into the bargain. I think there was reference to dumping this POS back then.  I think the same article was repeated almost verbatim about five years later.  Actually that may be a good subject to revisit in print again. 

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/21 10:41 p.m.

First: I love this.

Second: I apologize, but the OCD builds was just in the wrong spot- it was too close to me, and I most absolutely don't do builds like that, and it was making me feel uncomfortable and a bit like a poseur. laugh

Spoiler alert: I just drove out to the Duster-osa yesterday to move a part for the Nelsons down the road in the GRM Relay.  Andrew seems excited to have it heading his way. 

Now I'm wondering who has the broken rear spring just North of where I live- or is that an artifact of the Salt Line?

If you want to add "Murphy's Law" immediately below Broken Rear Springs, that's about where I live.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DOEPgxd8vg6JLaawd3QXD0Pisj7tjSvcL3Qs38wpkWmjBdHFaiQdLgwo7N3YEXnw