Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
1/24/11 12:34 p.m.

I'm on the look out for another project that will take the spot of the Ladybug (318is).

It's a E34 530i in the ATL. Anyone care to scope it out for me?

Payment for time, fuel, and food/brew money along with MANY thanks!!

Let me know!

Matt B
Matt B HalfDork
1/24/11 12:44 p.m.

I'm no BMW expert, but I'd be glad to give it a gander. (what's good for the goose).

Maybe Maroon92 or somebody will come along for beers afterward.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
1/24/11 12:47 p.m.

Keepin an eye out for one...

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
1/24/11 12:58 p.m.

Cool!! Sent you a PM Matt.

Duke . . . there are a few E34s in ATL. Hell, you guys gotta gold mine down there. It's just hard to get information about the car from the seller since they are either a douche or think ATL is only place they sell cars LOL!! It's like no one wants my money . . .

DukeOfUndersteer
1/24/11 1:33 p.m.

whats your price limit? I see a ton of E34s with autos, the autos that ALWAYS go bad... I usually find a good manual now and then...

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
1/24/11 1:40 p.m.

Manual or auto . . .doesn't really matter. I have all the stuff to make it manual . The V8 cars will be a bit easier to deal with for what I have in mind

I have Google reader setup to search CL for E34s and Volvo 780s (at a $2K limit) from VA to FL and from as far west as TN.

Finding the car is easy . . . getting the seller to communicate is another story . . .

Raze
Raze Dork
1/24/11 3:44 p.m.

I can help too though usually weekends best for me so if it's a 'screamin deal' you'll need someone else, PM me.

-Jeff

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
1/24/11 4:59 p.m.

I would be glad to go, but I don't have any experience with BMW's either...

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
1/24/11 5:01 p.m.

Thanks guys!! You don't need to be a BMW expert, that's the fun part.

I just need some pictures, a test drive, and overall impression of the car. You know, any leaking fluids, how the tires look, any suspension noises/vibrations, how does the trans shift, and/or any smoke . . .

Just the common stuff . . .

Matt B
Matt B HalfDork
1/24/11 7:48 p.m.

Cool - got it and replied. Just let me know if there's one in particular you want looked at and I'll post here when I plan to head over in case anybody else wants to join and then waste time afterward.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
1/25/11 12:20 p.m.

I've decided to get the Volvo 780 . . . thanks to all those that stepped up and offered to look at the E34 for me.

When I'm in ATL or at the Mitty, we should all meet up for some brew, my treat!!

If anyone is interested in the 530i 5pd that Matt was going to look at for me, let me know . . . it can be had for challenge monies. . .

DukeOfUndersteer
1/25/11 2:54 p.m.

Ill be at the Mitty. Wont have the Fiat, probably some boring car. But ill be there, with a cooler of brewskis

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
1/25/11 3:40 p.m.

I gotta find my thinkgeek shirt so I can do:

Hi, My name is Strike_Zero

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
1/25/11 3:58 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Ill be at the Mitty. Wont have the Fiat, probably some boring car. But ill be there, with a cooler of brewskis

Yeah, I will be there too. Hopefully I will remember more of it than 2010...

(Hongs, stay away!) lol.

Matt B
Matt B HalfDork
1/25/11 4:16 p.m.

I'll be there this year. Unfortunately the Mitty always happens on my only nephew's birthday (his party is way down south). This year I'm going dagnabbit. Dirty looks from family be damned! I wish his parents would be cool enough to bring him. Maybe one day.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
1/25/11 4:22 p.m.

Volvo 780

Pictures from the dealership

Raze
Raze Dork
1/25/11 7:52 p.m.

I'm going to try and make the Mitty, Fiat and all

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jmjIS2xildSf0HLWX4BUeRo6YISU7w5UGDua6ANu5RmzU5A8q6ytG2HfBvKSz2FZ