1 ... 7 8 9 10
moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
3/2/12 6:37 p.m.
FlightService wrote: That's ok, most the world agrees with me and your K car body kit is hideous. I apologize to all the Omni fans out there. Now shouldn't you be trying to locate another transmission for your Caravan Avatar

Hater. You must've gotten beat by a few turbo dodges in your day.

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/2/12 6:58 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote:
FlightService wrote: That's ok, most the world agrees with me and your K car body kit is hideous. I apologize to all the Omni fans out there. Now shouldn't you be trying to locate another transmission for your Caravan Avatar
Hater. You must've gotten beat by a few turbo dodges in your day.

I can honestly say "no, never actually"

I have busted my knuckles working on the POSs, and I hold a slight grudge over that...

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/2/12 7:01 p.m.
sanman wrote: Hmm... I have a few: Ferrari California Eagle E type FD rx7 sw20 mr2

I agree with all but the MR2, not ugly but not in the same category.

Moparman
Moparman HalfDork
3/2/12 8:14 p.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

IROCs came after the Montes. 1986 or so launched the IROC era.

Moparman
Moparman HalfDork
3/2/12 8:21 p.m.

In reply to moparman76_69:

He is just one of many.

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/2/12 8:29 p.m.
Moparman wrote: In reply to moparman76_69: He is just one of many.

Hold a grudge over busting my knuckles fixing them? Yes, yes I am.

I am also one of the many that has never been beat by one.

I am glad you two got on the same page on that one.

Of all the turbo Dodges, I liked the Turbo Caravan with the stick the best, sleeper city.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/2/12 9:15 p.m.

Another vote for the NSX from me!

Oh, and I have to point out you have R33 Skyline on your list followed by a picture of an R34....

Personally I prefer the R34, specifically in GT-R trim.

sanman
sanman Reader
3/2/12 9:24 p.m.

In reply to FlightService:

True, but it is a personal favorite... one of those cars I really wanted as a little kid.

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/2/12 9:31 p.m.
sanman wrote: In reply to FlightService: True, but it is a personal favorite... one of those cars I really wanted as a little kid.

I have a foundness for them myself, I learned how to drive a stick on one identical to the one in the photo

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
3/2/12 9:52 p.m.

My last suggestion of this car had a broken link, I think, so I'll try again in case anyone else digs it. Maserati Khamsin:

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/3/12 8:24 a.m.

All seven Bugatti Royal's had very different bodies, no?

As for the D-Type, I think we can safely lump those in.

stroker
stroker HalfDork
3/3/12 8:27 a.m.
mguar wrote:
stroker wrote: Does anyone here know if the XKSS shared the same magnesium frame as the D-type?
The "D" type did not have a magnesium frame.. the first ones were aluminum but they switched to steel and found it was lighter, stronger, and easier to repair.. In addition the frame of the "D" type became the basis of the XK-E and much,much later the pattern for the last Trans-Am cars I know steel lighter than aluminum? well yes.. however the "D" type frame is made of extremely thin gauge high strength steel.. brazed not welded together.. You can easily pick up the whole thing with one hand..

I'll take your word for it, as I was working from a 40 year old memory of Duncan Hamilton's book "Touch Wood". I recalled the frame was magnesium from reading that in high school.

Gasoline
Gasoline Reader
3/3/12 8:58 a.m.

I will put my effort into 1 nominee the Morgan Aeromax or the Aero 8. I will have one in my garage soon.

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/4/12 11:36 a.m.

another +1 for the Morgan Aeromax

Javelin
3/5/12 4:21 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

Okay, I moved the Zagato down, combined the Boxsters/Caymans, downgraded other Porsche's, moved the Evora and AMX down, and changed the 'Cuda pic. GTO has been deleted.

Avanti has a strong following, it's staying for now. The 66/7 Charger, RS200, GLHS, 900, R34, and Corrado are all languishing at the bottom anyways, they are likely to fall off.

The Spitfire isn't even on the list, and won't be. The MGA isn't moving up either.

Javelin
3/5/12 4:44 p.m.

Page 1 updated!

We have an initial 100!!!

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/6/12 6:52 a.m.

Jag E-Type is GRM's most beautiful car? It's not even the most beautiful Jag!

Raze
Raze SuperDork
3/6/12 8:04 a.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

I think Jav is open to revision, it's getting the initial 100 that's the hard part...

I skipped this thread back when it started to see what ya'll would come up with, I'm actually impressed with the list so far. I agree with ~70-80% which is ridiculous considering how hard it is to fill a list of 100 cars as being "the most beautiful". I disagree with really only the 80s econo-box cars, I would remove the VW and Dodge GLH and put the Mitsu/Chrysler Starion/Conquest, and Delorean or Grand National...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
3/6/12 8:33 a.m.

Ok so can we replace either RS200, GLHS, 900, R34, and Corrado with a Duesenberg SSJ?

Also I think the two Vipers should swap spots.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
3/6/12 9:09 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Also I think the two Vipers should swap spots.

+1 for sure...

HStockSolo
HStockSolo Reader
3/6/12 9:37 a.m.
Javelin wrote: The Spitfire isn't even on the list, and won't be. The MGA isn't moving up either.

It is still there right now: 91: Triumph Spitfire

I'd swap it for the Triumph GT6:

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/6/12 10:15 a.m.

just saw the 300SL Gullwing on the list, and it reminded me of this little Mercedes... is it weird that I think these look almost as good as the 300SL, but simpler, design wise?
I present to you the Mercedes Benz W113 SL-230:

and also, kinda surprised this hasn't made the list, seeing as it's imho one of the best looking BMWs the company ever made: BMW 328:

Javelin
3/6/12 10:19 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote: Jag E-Type is GRM's most beautiful car? It's not even the most beautiful Jag!

And what would be your most beautiful car and most beautiful Jag? (I personally agree with you on both points, but the E-Type has the most votes so far. BTW, mine would be the Ferrari Daytona and the Jag XF. Yeah, the XF. I said it, you heard me.)

Javelin
3/6/12 10:22 a.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

You know, I thought really hard about the SSJ. It's a gorgeous car, but they only made the two of them, and in reality they are just hand-bodied J/SJ's, which we already have.

Javelin
3/6/12 10:24 a.m.

In reply to HStockSolo:

LOL, I noticed that the Spit had somehow snuck in! The GT6 is a great substitute.

To all:

Of course I'm open to revisions, that's the whole point of this list. It's "organic" and subject to re-interpretation at any time. If you disagree with an order, a car, or whatever, speak up!

1 ... 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5Ctl83Go1EXXFrw4jHamC8lon42oGdOEcvZ14CgED7J6g9xackWolcKM12B5RXMJ