1 2 3 4
icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs New Reader
2/28/12 4:40 p.m.

just to go the other way, what do you think is the ugliest cars ever foisted upon the public by auto companies. Please limit to stock offerings, we all know that kits can go to places that defy any definition of taste. Sorry if we list one of your cars.

I'll start

71 buick riviera

60 thunderturd

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/28/12 4:56 p.m.

Not even close man.

Try any of the new Chinese knock-offs. The early Hyundai's. Anything pre-1920. All modern Acura's, most Honda's, and most Toyota's. The PT Cruiser. The Edsel. The Aztec.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/28/12 5:00 p.m.

'70s Monte Carlo

Come to think of it, the '70s in general. There are actually quite a few really good looking cars from that era (some of my favorites), but the ones which went wrong went so spectacularly wrong and with such gusto and so little redeeming value that the ugliness is more than skin deep. They are ugliness incarnate.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
2/28/12 5:05 p.m.

Ugliest American car:

(62 Dodge Dart) Ugliest Japanese car (sold here):

(78 Datsun F-10) Ugliest European car (you knew it had to be French):

(81 Renault 18i)

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
2/28/12 5:08 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Not even close man. Try any of the new Chinese knock-offs. The early Hyundai's. Anything pre-1920. All modern Acura's, most Honda's, and most Toyota's. The PT Cruiser. The Edsel. The Aztec.

Which Hondas? Maybe new ones but the 90s weren't bad not great but not ugly.

Fiat Multipla

Nissan Cube

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
2/28/12 5:09 p.m.

anything by renault, ever.

anything by Nissan in the last 5 years (Sentra, Altima Coupe, Murano VERT, Versa, JUKE, and the list goes on).

Chrysler LeBaron of the 1980s

Ford Monza of the late 1970s

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/28/12 5:18 p.m.
icaneat50eggs wrote: Sorry if we list one of your cars.

Haha, nice.

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
2/28/12 6:18 p.m.

Photobucket

OldGray320i
OldGray320i New Reader
2/28/12 6:27 p.m.
speedbiu wrote: Photobucket

If it's for the ugliest, the Aztek has to be it.

I do take umbrage at the Riv, though....

fastoldfart
fastoldfart New Reader
2/28/12 6:29 p.m.

And the ugliest cars of its' era: 1977 AMC Matador Barcelona The only thing uglier than the outside was the Tijuana bordello interior.

darkbuddha
darkbuddha Reader
2/28/12 7:01 p.m.

Don't get me wrong, there's an appeal to this car, but as cars go, it's pretty ugly:

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
2/28/12 7:03 p.m.

Fiat Multipla

PLATYPUS?

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
2/28/12 7:13 p.m.

I'm gonna go with one of these three:

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
2/28/12 7:21 p.m.

Pretty much any Chrysler K Car. Oh, and my parent's old Dodge Aspen wagon. And their first gen Toyota Van. And their current PT Cruiser. Man, they buy some ugly cars. Not sure how they missed out on the Aztek.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/28/12 7:37 p.m.
speedbiu wrote: Photobucket

You know... an Aztek is probably the only minivan or GM product that I would seriously consider buying.

It would have to be yellow, though. Bright freakin' yellow.

[DREDD]

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/28/12 7:38 p.m.

Nissan Puke...er Juke

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/28/12 7:42 p.m.

the riv is beautiful, therefore you have no credibility

nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
2/28/12 7:46 p.m.

I could not disagree more with the Riv, T-bird and 70's Monte being included here. The Riv especially is one of the most elegant looking cars in history ever period end of story.

My vote is anything from the eighty's. Nothing good ever came from the eighty's.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
2/28/12 7:52 p.m.
patgizz wrote: the riv is beautiful, therefore you have no credibility

Agreed. The Riv was one of the better looking cars from the 70's.

The rest of the cars... yeah... some of the ugliest. My father had a F10 - the hatchback version.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
2/28/12 8:00 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: Pretty much any Chrysler K Car. Oh, and my parent's old Dodge Aspen wagon. And their first gen Toyota Van. And their current PT Cruiser. Man, they buy some ugly cars. Not sure how they missed out on the Aztek.

Who asked you anyway :p

My vote since the aztek is already listed.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
2/28/12 8:02 p.m.
fastoldfart wrote: And the ugliest cars of its' era: 1977 AMC Matador Barcelona The only thing uglier than the outside was the Tijuana bordello interior.

I've been saying this for 35 years.

Really, the Aztec doesn't look all that ugly to me. Beautiful, no, but not nearly as ugly as anything else posted here (except the Monte Carlo, I like those)

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
2/28/12 8:08 p.m.

Lot's of love here for the boat tail Riv.

My vote: Geo Metro convertible.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
2/28/12 8:27 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: My vote is anything from the eighty's. Nothing good ever came from the eighty's.

How can you say that about a decade which gave us Phil Collins' No Jacket Required?

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
2/28/12 8:31 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Anything pre-1920.

You don't like Stutz Bearcats?

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/28/12 8:39 p.m.
JamesMcD wrote:
nicksta43 wrote: My vote is anything from the eighty's. Nothing good ever came from the eighty's.
How can you say that about a decade which gave us Phil Collins' No Jacket Required?

And Metallica's Master of Puppets, Slayer's Reign in Blood, and Jim Cameron's The Terminator.

And you know what ELSE came from the 80s? Uh-huh. That's right. Miata.

(I bet you thought I was going to say Hitler. I'm sorry, but Hitler is not the answer to everything.)

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DFwhwP4z4Hc27gXuQijMhC2zpV8q2lb2OpHDDAaMG03qCxcup5YVx9hCsDjws0du