1 2
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/16 8:20 a.m.

Wow, not a lot of those around!

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
3/2/16 8:23 a.m.
iceracer wrote: He says it is on a 1 ton Ford chassis. The transmission is most likely the 4spd with the "granny" low first gear. So for everyday is a 3spd. You start in 2nd. Slow but it will get there.

Sorry I missed that.

A one ton Ford chassis with the 300?

This is beyond perfect. If I were you, I would buy it, rewire it to get rid of some of the stuff Ford did badly, clean up that body, and integrate some form of modern HVAC and drive.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
3/2/16 8:30 a.m.

Yes, yes, yes, buy it NOW!

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
3/2/16 8:36 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: Don't ever crash it. Grumman views supplying replacement body parts as some sort of inconvenience in their daily life of building crappy bread trucks.

millsupply.com

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/16 10:22 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: Don't ever crash it. Grumman views supplying replacement body parts as some sort of inconvenience in their daily life of building crappy bread trucks.

I worked at a shop that repaired potato chip trucks. We would take the damaged panels to a local A/C duct company and they'd make new ones for us. They also did the sides of our stock cars at night.

I can't help but think that drivetrain in an F-150 would be a better vehicle in almost every possible way.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/2/16 10:36 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Well, you'd be unique. Probably no A/C, short bed, parts difficulty, etc. If that appeals, go for it!

Other than retrofitting A/C, I'm totally down.

Wife though... maybe not so much.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
3/2/16 10:41 a.m.

Given the flatness of the roof, one of these and you should be cold on even the hottest day.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
3/2/16 12:28 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
millsupply.com

They have hardware galore, but no body panels and such. Nor do the other suppliers. But, the ones on it are aluminum, which are a whole lot easier to pound back into shape.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/2/16 12:39 p.m.

That weight distribution would have me worried about hard braking while driving it unladen. I hope that is a real heavy axle.

cwh
cwh PowerDork
3/2/16 2:45 p.m.

I put MANY miles on one of those, a former Frito Lay truck with the trailer behind it. Towing an IMSA car to races in Sebring, Daytona, Mosport, Watkins Glen and others. Ride was choppy, but livable. Ours had a Chevy 350 in it, so it would tow fairly well. For the Old Timers on here, it was owned by Del Taylor, a fairly disreputable owner/ driver. Many stories about that part of my past!

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
3/2/16 7:16 p.m.

I like that and I bet it sells for much less than asking price.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B2qj6hq97Fr4IAiTEN3hl1G8mHARv4EtR77ScfEV10afdukiQTHrVSOLEZZmbgHU