1 2 3 4
Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
10/1/18 7:07 p.m.
NGTD said:

Suprf1y is correct that in Ontario passing on a double solid line is NOT illegal, however if a Police Officer finds you doing so, you will likely be charged with an Unsafe Pass.

Not unless either the pass truly was unsafe or the cop is a complete douchebag. There would be no basis for a ticket. Think of it like those yellow speed signs on curves and on and off ramps. They're not actually speed limits, they're recommendations. There is zero obligation to follow them.

Personally, in the 40 years I've been doing it they've never bothered me. I've even passed a cop on a solid.

Also, the OPP is not in the business of routinely sending warning letters based on a phone call.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/2/18 8:33 a.m.

Good luck with that in the States. 

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
10/2/18 10:20 a.m.
bcp2011 said:

In reply to ScottyB :

The second one takes the cake... So many lanes and no cars, yet they have to turn into you.  

yeah, what you can't see in the video is when i looked over, she was just completely blank faced.  staring straight ahead, never acknowledged me.  it was like she was in some kind of trance.  my guess is drugged up on meds or opioids and just oblivious.

you just never know.  i always drive "aggressive/defensive" and have my eyes on the mirrors constantly to be sure i have an out.  never know when you're going to have to bail on you lane for any reason.

wspohn
wspohn Dork
10/2/18 11:40 a.m.

Part of the casue of road rage is an enhanced sense of entitlement.  I witnessed an accident involving an intersection, a fully loaded large truck and a car. The car gut mushed and kept saying that they had the right of way. I hung around until the cops showed up and supported the truck driver, saying that he didn't have a hope of stopping because the car had driven right in front of him, obviously expecting the fact that they had the right of way to temporarily amend the laws of physics, somehow allowing the truck to slow enough not to hit them.  They were lucky not to have ended up 'dead' right.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WwEaRPApmG6c3R2t79QPHSImifVMbzJMWVoU5T1FwLDIxREq6NuR44XHUrKwII6d