MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
11/24/11 8:14 a.m.

Woke up to a doorbell at 6:30 AM. Local law enforcement woke us up to point out that my wife's car got punted by a 22 yo kid from the neighborhood. He smashed our car with his girlfriends beat up Neon at about 5 AM. He then proceeded to try to drive away. When that failed he ran on foot. The girlfriend stayed and called the cops, boyfriend is still running around the woods.

Sucks, I love that car.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
11/24/11 8:17 a.m.

Drop a $number$. I would love to run it as is, but I don't think I could get you enough. That's just a scratch in world of rally.

That's how my wife lost her first new car, he got away though. Its a good thing the girlfriend wasn't a dumbass as well.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
11/24/11 8:17 a.m.

Damn that sucks mate, hope you have good insurance, then hand the whole thing over to them.

Take a lot of pics of the scene and the other car.

Bet the punk was drunk

Have a great day anyway

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
11/24/11 8:53 a.m.

The left rear suspension is crooked and the lip of the wheel is cracked. The right front wheel is missing a large chunk of the lip where it bounced off of the curb. The girls cars tire is off of the rim and on the ground (probably happened when he tried to drive away). It looks like he actually went under the WRX (by travelling THROUGH the taillight and rear 1/4) because the trailer hitch is missing some paint. I actually drove it back into its space and it had a very slight metal on metal rub from the rear. Of course no answer from State Farm at a local or State level. I hope they are open on Friday.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
11/24/11 8:56 a.m.

Yea, best of luck. Pvt msg me a price when you have any idea what it would be worth. If the chassis is no good, the engine is good. Swappable.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/24/11 9:07 a.m.

That really sucks. It may not be easy to fix, but it will certainly be easy to sell.

irish44j
irish44j Dork
11/24/11 11:47 a.m.

Damn, sorry to see that.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy Dork
11/24/11 12:16 p.m.

Isn't there some new Factory Five kit coming out soon.....

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
11/24/11 6:01 p.m.

That sucks to hear Josh.

If its got an STI intercooler or turbo I'm interested.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
11/24/11 7:29 p.m.

Man....if you ever want to part out the drivetrain, I'd kill for some of those goodies to turbo my 2.5RS

donalson
donalson SuperDork
11/24/11 7:30 p.m.

much rather it happen while parked then while i'm in the car and out on the street... glad the girl was honest about it...

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
11/24/11 11:06 p.m.

Josh,I'm interested in the whole drive train and suspension.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
11/24/11 11:24 p.m.

I am having evil turbo Forester thoughts. I guess it all depends on the insurance companies now.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
11/24/11 11:27 p.m.

I really need a time machine. I watched a spotless Forester with a bad motor go through craigslist for around $500 a while ago and my buddy was selling a set of STI wheels for cheap not long ago. I guess it's back to cruising crazedlist again.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/25/11 6:54 a.m.

Another option would be to apply the insurance money towards a sweet M5! You know you've always wanted one!!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
11/25/11 9:47 a.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

Oh you are an evil evil man.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
11/25/11 10:57 a.m.

Make sure you advise you are interested in a buy back. Everyting is negotiable even if only slightly. Just depends on how much time and effort you put into it.

Pro-Tip: Not that this applies to you but being an a-hole to an adjuster does not make them want to help you

car39
car39 HalfDork
11/25/11 11:17 a.m.
Greg Voth wrote: Pro-Tip: Not that this applies to you but being an a-hole to an adjuster does not make them want to help you

This actually applies to everyone you meet. You'd be surprised how nice a hotel room you can get by just being nice to the desk clerk, or how much free work gets done to your car because of a box of pastry.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
11/25/11 11:24 a.m.

That does suck. Sorry to hear.

If totalled, and you part out, I'd be happy to buy some misc bits(headlight and tailight wiring harness).

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
11/25/11 11:58 a.m.
Greg Voth wrote: Make sure you advise you are interested in a buy back. Everyting is negotiable even if only slightly. Just depends on how much time and effort you put into it. Pro-Tip: Not that this applies to you but being an a-hole to an adjuster does not make them want to help you

I am having my own company deal with it because they are a known entity. The girls insurance (Direct General) scares me.

If I was going to scream at anyone it would have been the idiot girl for letting her known druggie boyfriend drive her car. Not only did she let him drive it, she let him drive it after rousting him from the house he he had snuck off to to do drugs. That said-I do plan to be fairly compensated for the car if it comes to that.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Reader
11/25/11 3:34 p.m.

im in for the front seats if you poart it out. that generation WRX had the most comfortable seats for me, ever.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/26/11 8:27 a.m.

I would be wondering if you can be compensated for tax title and tags as well? I have meant to ask my agent about this as here in Mass this can easily be $200 - $300 on a "Cheep car" Never mind a 5-10K car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QxLoy7TqghxLu4DgGScQ9LjTfJXg38ILD0OT6HBiMxeRE1XqLH9ch71hO9YbsTMb