rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Reader
11/4/16 7:57 a.m.

So Monday I couldn't buy a earthquake XT impact from any store in my area so off to the online store. Placed my order and checked back every day for update/shipping status and got nothing. So I called today only to find out they are on back order till.... wait for it. January. Good grief! Why would you send out an ad listing it on sale if you won't stock them for two months? Off to amazon to find an IR or try the craftsman store going out of business for a replacement I guess

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
11/4/16 9:16 a.m.

Blessing in disguise :)

kb58
kb58 Dork
11/4/16 9:43 a.m.

They aren't the only ones who pull that. When an online vendor tries that I cancel the order and never deal with them again. In this day of electronic inventory control there is no excuse.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/16 9:58 a.m.

Have you considered the name: Harbor Freight. It literally means freight that arrives in a harbor, from overseas after weeks at sea. Not that surprising really. :)

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
11/4/16 10:06 a.m.
kb58 wrote: They aren't the only ones who pull that. When an online vendor tries that I cancel the order and never deal with them again. In this day of electronic inventory control there is no excuse.

Then don't expect to order anything from TRF (a British car parts vendor). They often run specials on items and once they know how many they have to provide, they place the order with their supplier. I once ordered a Pertronix ignition from them that took a few weeks to be delivered. That's when they told me how they do it. A better one is the new dash pad that took a few years to be delivered. They did finally deliver it and they honored the extremely good special price.

kb58
kb58 Dork
11/4/16 11:06 a.m.

Oh I get that; it's when they don't tell buyers that up front that irks me.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/4/16 11:08 a.m.

If you really want it, my store has a bunch in stock, or did on Monday, I could pick one up and drop it in a flat rate box for you.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Reader
11/4/16 11:36 a.m.

In reply to kb58: Yep! My point exactly.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
11/4/16 12:11 p.m.

The HF website - the only thing they have that doesn't work AND you can't use it as a hammer.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/16 12:24 p.m.
kb58 wrote: In this day of electronic inventory control there is no excuse.

When they are drop-shipping from the vendor and they don't have access to their real-time inventory including pending sales... it sort of makes sense.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Reader
11/4/16 8:26 p.m.

In reply to RevRico: Thanks, but I called and they are out and won't have them for two weeks. It sounds like they are filling the stores before online orders. I'm going to Amazon tonight for a IR

Crackers
Crackers Reader
11/4/16 8:56 p.m.
kb58 wrote: They aren't the only ones who pull that. When an online vendor tries that I cancel the order and never deal with them again. In this day of electronic inventory control there is no excuse.

Funniest thing I've read all day! You know, because Harbor Freight is a modern tech savvy company. LOL

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
11/4/16 10:51 p.m.

I think West Marine has been known to pull a fast one when you order something and then report back none in stock.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
11/5/16 10:37 a.m.

That happened to me with a tool box I ordered. Went in to the local place initially, they told me "sorry, sold out". Ordered online for in store pickup, back ordered a month, two weeks later I spy my tool box in a box in the local store. When I grabbed it and took it to the front I told them the story, they checked me out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BitnWgWSYzYaKu0ysJfFPniIwuaOfMfSQu7VSLDDDlX9zeTogTBqT0uBCUdK8uBn