BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/19/15 2:19 p.m.

As subject - I'm looking to get a datalogger app for this weekend's time trials (well, club trials) events but I've moved from Appleland to Androidland. It looks like the two top choices are either Harry's Lap Timer or Race Chrono.

Does anybody have experience with either or preferably both? I don't need/care about OBD-II integration right now, so we're talking GoPro sync, general (phone internal) GPS and sensor reading and maybe additional video recording.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/15 2:30 p.m.

I've used both, but not with GoPro and prefer HLT. Integration and overlay is simply and easy to use. I haven't tried it while using my phone for video recording as of yet.

tomtomgt356
tomtomgt356 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/19/15 4:59 p.m.

I use race chrono on android and I like it. It can output a video file of the data with your speed, position, and lap time that can be overlaid over the gopro video.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/19/15 11:39 p.m.

I ended up with HLT and the free version of Race Chrono. Let's see which one I end up liking better.

Jaynen
Jaynen Dork
3/20/15 12:13 a.m.

I have, I felt it needed the secondary gps to be really useful at least with autocross. And with my miata at least the phone could not stay steady enough when mounted to the windshield via suction

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sfVJTWG3rxUdSDNjeD5brp3oSt001Ax9h7LEim0KHgvTZTS5gucFGGByNNqWz7JI