1 2 3
pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/3/21 7:32 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

This is my life right now and I never thought it would be.

Want a 986 Boxster S bad but I'm thinking about ponying up for an AP2 S2000 so I can just drive it and never worry.

It's one thing to have a project in the fleet but eventually life crowds out the desire to have a fleet of projects.

Opti
Opti Dork
7/3/21 8:53 p.m.

I'd like to think that Toyota wouldn't let something unreliable carry their badge, but the people I know with frisbees tell me that's not true.

I like them, a coworker drove them and said they are real good. Hes had some fast cars and said they aren't slow and would love to have one. He bought a trackhawk instead

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/3/21 10:57 p.m.

The looks of the Supra are growing on me, but I was the only person who liked the majority of the Bangle-era BMWs, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/8/21 7:08 p.m.

So, I may be ordering one of these in that "Refraction" blue if I can put together a deal with my local dealer-- they have confirmed they can still order one.   Didn't think that was an option. 

So, I may be finding out in the near future what the market is really like for a mid-engine, out of production, carbon fiber, German 2+2.  At least I know that the Supra can't depreciate as much from new as the i8 had by the time I bought it used-- it doesn't even list for that much!

Been back and forth on waiting for a 2022 (that doesn't come in that color) next spring, or waiting until 2023 for the new M2. 

And yes, I've also heard that there may be some oil consumption issues with the B58 engine in this and other vehicles. 

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/8/21 8:15 p.m.

It's a cool car but the styling is just too much. For the money, I'd rather have a Corvette. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/9/21 10:28 a.m.

In reply to amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) :

Seeing as though you can buy one for $10k less than a base Corvette, I wouldn't really consider the money the same.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/9/21 10:29 a.m.
yupididit said:
Countingcrowbars said:

In reply to Mndsm :

doesn't help we can fix our junk and keep it running. Oh... is this one of those "ignorance is bliss" things? If you don't know how to repair cars.... you have to buy a new one!

I'm growing tired of fixing my own lol. Time isn't there like it used to. 

Same here. I don't even change my own oil anymore. I'd rather not spend the time crawling around the garage floor. 

Countingcrowbars
Countingcrowbars UltraDork
7/9/21 1:10 p.m.
z31maniac said:
yupididit said:
Countingcrowbars said:

In reply to Mndsm :

doesn't help we can fix our junk and keep it running. Oh... is this one of those "ignorance is bliss" things? If you don't know how to repair cars.... you have to buy a new one!

Same here. I don't even change my own oil anymore. I'd rather not spend the time crawling around the garage floor. 

I don't know, I save time by changing my own oil. Everything is sitting in my garage. In the time it takes someone to drive to a Jiffy Lube, I have already changed my oil and began drinking a beer. Oh and I have the satisfaction of knowing it was done correctly With quality components

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/9/21 1:21 p.m.
Countingcrowbars said:
z31maniac said:
yupididit said:
Countingcrowbars said:

In reply to Mndsm :

I don't know, I save time by changing my own oil. Everything is sitting in my garage. In the time it takes someone to drive to a Jiffy Lube, I have already changed my oil and began drinking a beer. Oh and I have the satisfaction of knowing it was done correctly With quality components

I've never taken anything I own to a Jiffy Lube. wink

It also prevents me from having to put a leaky drain receptacle in the trunk of the car. That alone makes it worth it. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/9/21 2:56 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I havent done my own oil change on a car I actually drive in a long ass time. I'll do one on a project thats been sitting, but after that I'm dropping it off. 

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/9/21 3:46 p.m.
z31maniac said:

In reply to amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) :

Seeing as though you can buy one for $10k less than a base Corvette, I wouldn't really consider the money the same.

Was referring to a used vette. 

Snrub
Snrub Dork
7/9/21 4:06 p.m.

I think when you're talking about a $20k car vs. a $30k car they're different categories. Most people buying a Supra 3.0 could probably stretch and buy a C8. That said I'm sure the price might factor into the decision. I haven't driven either, but I'd personally go for the Supra.

Bobdog
Bobdog New Reader
7/9/21 6:28 p.m.

I saw one in black with a slight tint and wheels, and it looked really nice.  I have also seen the car in red and blue stock and think it help it look so much better. 

For some reason all the photos I see of the Supra are of it in white, and that is the worst color for the car. 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/9/21 6:42 p.m.

We'll, the trade in value offered on the i8 is almost, but not quite equivalent to what I paid for it two years and 15,000 miles ago.  Not bad after the $70k+ depreciation on the first 17,000 miles  

I've put a deposit down against the dealer's promise that they can still order and deliver a 2021 A91 Edition in Refraction Blue-- they claim they've got it worked with their Toyota region. 

We'll see if they can deliver!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yDXrBIbJMWH28iH1q2ZSomDxPlkYwuyDGFBDSHJkrIHJMkZIPsOnbZPPsxWgaH52