The0retical
The0retical Dork
5/6/16 4:12 p.m.

We should because damn....

Supposedly 55k starting price and coming this summer.

304-horsepower / 274 lb-ft and 1600lbs for those wondering.

revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/6/16 4:24 p.m.

That is a sexy beast, with some fantastic measurments

DanyloS
DanyloS Reader
5/6/16 4:31 p.m.

Wow, didn't even realize it was a mid engine at first. Also just notice that they put tires with decent sidewall and not massive rims with rubber bands on them!

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/6/16 4:47 p.m.

Works for me. There's a lot of dead space up front, so that the proportions make one expect a motor to be there... kinda violates form follows function. But it's sexy enough that I'm inclined to be forgiving of such foibles.

rslifkin
rslifkin HalfDork
5/6/16 4:48 p.m.

The big front end seems useful in my head. It means it probably gets one big frunk instead of a tiny one and a trunk behind the engine.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/16 5:04 p.m.

Any technical info? The engine capacity lines up with a Nissan V6.

I can see someone trying to decide between that and the Catfish. Fun choice to have to make. Lots of optimized bespoke parts vs a platform with 25 years of development and support behind it. Turbo four up front with a great gearbox vs a mid-mounted V6. Similar power and weight numbers, assuming the weight of the Jannerelly is accurate. A turn-key turbo Catfish is about $50k, the Jannarelly is $55k plus shipping from the UAE.

Choice is good!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/16 5:22 p.m.

Berkeley. No, seriously, that car has some Berkeley in it.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/16 5:25 p.m.

And a little Tornado Typhoon, too...

Kreb
5/6/16 5:54 p.m.

The front end is evocative of a number of classic Italians

Kreb
5/6/16 6:01 p.m.

Damn close to the Ferrari 250 Testa Rosa nose

Fitzauto
Fitzauto HalfDork
5/6/16 6:03 p.m.

Thats a damn fine looking car.

Power figure makes me think v6. Possibly turbo 4?

OldGray320i
OldGray320i HalfDork
5/6/16 6:09 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Any technical info? The engine capacity lines up with a Nissan V6. I can see someone trying to decide between that and the Catfish. Fun choice to have to make. Lots of optimized bespoke parts vs a platform with 25 years of development and support behind it. Turbo four up front with a great gearbox vs a mid-mounted V6. Similar power and weight numbers, assuming the weight of the Jannerelly is accurate. A turn-key turbo Catfish is about $50k, the Jannarelly is $55k plus shipping from the UAE. Choice is good!

The bigger wheels so wake that thing up....

The0retical
The0retical Dork
5/6/16 6:14 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

I was poking around the internet instead of doing real work or school work today and found it so I'm a little light on info.

The powerplant lines up with the Nissan VQ35 since they stated it's a Nissan six cylinder. That engine is also well supported you could really bring big power to it if that was desired.

Apparently the car is also patterned off the 1957 Ferrari Testa Rossa. I'm unsure if that would allow them to sneak in with that new kit car manufacturing law or not to register it since I seem to remember something about being required to meet the same specifications as the car they're built to replicate.

The Catfish is certainly on my shortlist of roadsters I'd love to own. I do agree though that more choice the better.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/6/16 6:19 p.m.

I like it. Entry & egress looks like it would be fun with the high door sills.

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
5/6/16 6:46 p.m.

Nothing on the website gives me confidence of any type of 2016 delivery...Unless they're skipping the prototype/development phases and skipping straight from the computer screen into salable production.

In reply to The0retical:

Yes, very obviously 250TR inspired...Either too closely or not closely enough for my taste. However, I'm pretty confident it would never get licensed by Ferrari in order to be sold as one via the new law...Although it may still be able to be registered as one under many states existing 'kit car' laws.

Storz
Storz SuperDork
5/7/16 10:42 a.m.

Power figures could also be teh GM 3.6?

rslifkin
rslifkin HalfDork
5/7/16 10:46 a.m.
Storz wrote: Power figures could also be teh GM 3.6?

Power is in the right ballpark, but they list the engine as 3498cc in the specs, so I'm gonna agree with the VQ35 guesses. Power is about right for a VQ35HR and displacement is spot on, so that's gotta be it.

boulder_dweeb
boulder_dweeb New Reader
5/7/16 12:16 p.m.

Their website talks about a Nissan V6, and then states that owners can install other drivelines......

So, does $55k include the motor/trans?

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
5/7/16 3:11 p.m.

Wow. That's a beautiful thing.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
5/7/16 3:41 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Any technical info? The engine capacity lines up with a Nissan V6. I can see someone trying to decide between that and the Catfish. Fun choice to have to make. Lots of optimized bespoke parts vs a platform with 25 years of development and support behind it. Turbo four up front with a great gearbox vs a mid-mounted V6. Similar power and weight numbers, assuming the weight of the Jannerelly is accurate. A turn-key turbo Catfish is about $50k, the Jannarelly is $55k plus shipping from the UAE. Choice is good!

Catfish for me cause it does not have the huge doors that intrude on the style

Can Catfish not be V8 converted?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/16 4:04 p.m.

Catfish can be V8 converted, but I don't think there's been one completed yet. Personally, I think a V6 would be a better match. It's too exotic looking to roar, it needs to howl. But you didn't hear that from me.

I wonder what it would be like trying to import the Jannarelly? It appears to be sold as a complete, turn-key car for $55k...but that's at the factory in UAE. You'd be trying to import a new, complete car and that's not simple. It would probably be a lot simpler to see if you can get one without the drivetrain, import it as a roller, then add your own Nissan engine. At that point, you're registering a kit car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jynGTiGymumrywiOgLR8MJfn2QkH3liPyIG6SCSVbNzwtCz5r4UPrXSWgOau0m3Q