1 2
WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/5/16 2:27 p.m.

^ I Lol'd..

jungle
jungle New Reader
7/5/16 2:32 p.m.

I got to see one of the previous prototypes when it was on tour last year. I am a big fan, not enough to put a down payment in.... http://junglemotorsports.blogspot.com/2015/06/autocycle.html

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
7/5/16 7:31 p.m.

Can't see these ever being better than a one season car, so I'm out.

Unless they make a track/skis attachment for winter, then I'm back in.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/5/16 7:51 p.m.

As a 3.5 season car for me it would be great. I have a 7 mile commute on a two lane state road that the max speed is 40 mph.

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
7/5/16 8:58 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

An Elio Snowcat would be super awesome. They should fast-track it and snap up the exclusive rural Canadian market. Then they could get some Canadian government funding: worked for Bricklin.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
7/6/16 6:18 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: I've thought the idea was cool from the start, but the "development" process in subsequent years has shown more signs of either incompetence or outright fraud. Hopefully it's neither of those, but the last couple years have done nothing for confidence with regards to these guys.

Fundamentally agree with this. Past several years have had the release of this vehicle pushed back again and again and again. None the less, they are still there, and still chugging along, incrementally making progress.

If it ever comes to fruition, I'm quite interested in it. I've a motorcycle licence, so that's a non-issue for me.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/6/16 6:26 a.m.
slefain wrote: Meanwhile at the local Elio dealership.... And here's a shot of the 2016 Elios ready for delivery! Here's the Elio press fleet lined up: Investors and pre-order buyers need not worry, their money is being held safely in a secure location:

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
7/6/16 7:08 a.m.

I found an Elio in production

Klayfish
Klayfish UberDork
7/6/16 7:28 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: I found an Elio in production

What a cheesy joke...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners