Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/17/14 3:44 p.m.

This is a 12V battery connector for a Poulan push mower. I'm repairing it for my wife's grandmother. It needs a battery. The Poulan battery with the correct connector is $58. A generic batter w/o connector is $13. Some bonehead took the original battery and lost it so stealing the connector off the old one isn't an option.

Anyone recognize this?

Battery side will look like this. This is where the charger plugs in so I can't steal this one. This mower doesn't charge the battery.

Mower side. This plugs into the battery.

pirate
pirate Reader
12/17/14 4:01 p.m.

Google Heyco! they have a large variety of electrical connectors and see if thaey have match or something else you can use.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/17/14 4:11 p.m.

you could cut it off and use something like this:

2-pin connector

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
12/17/14 4:21 p.m.

I would can both ends and get something generic off an old refrigerator or washing machine but I am a cheapazz ragpicker.

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
12/17/14 4:29 p.m.

Cut ends of $1 extension cord, swap?

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
12/17/14 4:35 p.m.

When I retrofitted an electric start engine onto our old push mower, I used this: 10 Ga Quick Disconnect

Cut, splice, done.

My new engine came with a built in "alternator" so it thankfully keeps the little battery charged when running.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
12/17/14 4:37 p.m.

Replace with Deans plugs?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
12/17/14 4:41 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: When I retrofitted an electric start engine onto our old push mower, I used this: 10 Ga Quick Disconnect Cut, splice, done. My new engine came with a built in "alternator" so it thankfully keeps the little battery charged when running.

This.

boulder_dweeb
boulder_dweeb New Reader
12/17/14 4:57 p.m.

BTW: Heyco samples pretty much everything in their catalog.

If you find something that looks right, call them and request a sample(s)....

Rog

Toyman01
12/17/14 5:40 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: When I retrofitted an electric start engine onto our old push mower, I used this: 10 Ga Quick Disconnect Cut, splice, done. My new engine came with a built in "alternator" so it thankfully keeps the little battery charged when running.

This is what I will probably end up doing. If I dig enough, I've probably got enough of them to change all the plugs in the system. I'll check with Heyco though. I'd much rather change one plug than 4 of them.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
12/17/14 5:40 p.m.

My google-fu is strong this evening.

The mate to that connector is a 50-84-2020 2-Circuit Female Molex Plug. You will also need 02-08-1002 Female Molex Pins.

Toyman01
12/17/14 6:17 p.m.

In reply to fujioko:

You sir are the man! Apparently my google-fu is weak tonight because I couldn't find anything close.

Thanks a lot.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
itkdxgLIbcD1mOCmwFaZQX1oS3HUG65s9W5pOZljZOLIqF0lNLrzYVgMfBArgkJh