1 2
lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
12/12/22 9:45 p.m.

How is this not proof that they were on the car? I get they are trying to get out of it,  but I'd be threatening small claims court if that's how they want to play.  

Asas_Dad
Asas_Dad New Reader
12/14/22 11:02 p.m.

Reality check: 

If you have to go to Small Claims court, believe me, it will be small only in the legal definition of the dollar amount.  You'll have to hire a lawyer to have a chance of winning, because insurance companies keep a staff of them; it's cheaper for them than paying claims, and because courts, judges respond best to lawyerly legal talk - which isn't you.  And you'll have to hope you have enough irrefutable evidence to get them to pay not only for the wheels, but court costs and your lawyer's fees.

I'm not suggesting that you just roll over and take it, because insurance companies should be made to hold up their end of a contract.  But I am suggesting you try to figure another way.  Dealing with the courts may be educational, but is never a pleasant experience.

I didn't understand about the "Warranty trying to give me E36 M3 "?  Who is the warranty with?  It was my understanding that valid warranties can only be given by a dealer, and is not transferable upon sale to another.

-Dad

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aeYKsBr0kakFzwNFzYQ5WXT52byiS8eYTW316JG4qb73UjJE5P9aUnHHaLTO0bRH