TucoRamirez
TucoRamirez Reader
5/16/15 2:36 p.m.

I'm shopping for dog taxi / entry level HPDE toy. I need, at minimum, space for driver + passenger + dog. Does any one make a rumble seat for frunks? Local dealer has a '14 BRZ premium offered for $23.9 since January. Maybe the window sticker with hilarious $6k markup and $30k+ price discourages people from asking about it! Whatever, that's a $22K car. GF is a long time customer and just bought an Impreza there and the nice salesperson says she can do VIP pricing (invoice - 2%) on another Subaru.

So.... are the small '15 BRZ suspension tweeks worth $2k over the '14? '15 is supposed to be more compliant, which wouldn't hurt on rough canyon roads. I'm gonna try to drive a FiST this weekend. Just sitting in the regular Fiesta made me smile cause it's just so little and cozy. I drove a '15 BRZ on some typical city streets and it was OK. I just wanted to see how it was on crap, since I figured it will be fine on smooth stuff.

I'm also tempted by base WRX, but I think the BRZ will be more fun. My inner 12 year old says C6 or Boxster/Cayman for $25K, but not now. I'd want a garage or at least a level driveway to work in first. I drove my mom's 1 series convertible and it just felt stiff and tall. 370z, maybe I should drive one, but VQs sometimes sound like howler monkeys that sat on a blender. Any opinions are welcome.

BlueFalcon
BlueFalcon New Reader
5/16/15 2:45 p.m.

In reply to TucoRamirez:

Do you have a strong preference between FWD and RWD? That would seem to be the deciding factor.

The FiST will also be far more practical. I would probably prefer the turbo for a DD. The money you save on it could go towards another set of tires or track entry.

TucoRamirez
TucoRamirez Reader
5/16/15 3:01 p.m.

Yep. I have preferred RWD up to now, but I need to drive the FiST. It is the lowest initial purchase cost option. The ford vehicle locator shows plenty of no option STs around $21K and there is a rebate and/or 0% finance.

Travis_K
Travis_K UberDork
5/16/15 3:08 p.m.

I have driven both, and I even prefer rwd, but I would get the Fiesta no question.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
5/16/15 3:18 p.m.

The FiST is just an unreal vehicle, and for more road time then track you can't beat it, the twins on the other hand would be more consistent and reliable on track days as opposed to a turbo vehicle, as well as you would learn quite a bit more with the lack of nannys on the twins as opposed to the let the computer take care of it attitude in all ST's.

Both are amazing, but what do you want more?

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
5/16/15 3:26 p.m.

Driven both, and I'd take the fiesta for a DD over the twins. Unbelievably fun for a FWD.

TucoRamirez
TucoRamirez Reader
5/16/15 4:54 p.m.

Wow. I'm gonna try to drive a fiesta tomorrow.

paul
paul HalfDork
5/16/15 5:12 p.m.

Fiesta all the way...

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/16/15 5:31 p.m.

What size dog?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/16/15 5:43 p.m.

My coworker has a FiST. And we always take his car when we go to lunch.

Can you imagine seeing 4 military dudes squeezing in that car or popping out all grinning. That car is a blast.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/16/15 6:30 p.m.

Fisting and twins reminds me of the internet's early days.

TucoRamirez
TucoRamirez Reader
5/16/15 6:44 p.m.

The dog is a small malinois, about 40 lbs. Just a bit too big to squeeze onto miata shelf, anymore. And current 95 miata has factory bar behind seats.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/17/15 2:51 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Fisting and twins reminds me of the internet's early days.

Still readily available.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
5/17/15 6:04 a.m.

Both great cars. It wasn't that long ago that there wasn't many (or any!) choices and now there are so many it's hard to make a decision. Times are good.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
5/17/15 7:55 a.m.

Fiesta! Fiesta! Fiesta!

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
5/17/15 8:16 a.m.

To be fair they were totally different test drives, but I had more fun driving the Fiesta ST than BRZ. One was the ecoboost challenge and one was just a plain old test drive.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x7X6gzn1DKSwVMut68E7TChMh0zY722iDHeGX0h1Zc2cwP4CvHw1eoOzMAYScLPy