bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
8/29/12 10:16 a.m.

http://bangshift.com/blog/insane-roadside-find-a-crew-cab-ford-pickup-mounted-on-a-massive-6x6-truck-chassis-zombie-apocalypse-certified.html

Then I found this one, and was surprised because I know this truck. It's home is in my home town of Mayfield Village, Ohio. This guy has built several of these over the years. Edit - I was incorrect. This guy is friends with a guy in that town that has a truck similar to this. They are often together.

http://bangshift.com/blog/ebay-find-the-craziest-monster-street-legal-dually-weve-ever-seen-six-54-inch-mickey-thompsons.html

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/29/12 10:23 a.m.

Wild! I just passed that very truck this weekend but was on the bike and couldn't grab a photo of it.

Yep, on 19 just North of Zelienople.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/29/12 10:23 a.m.

I like the ford on the deuce and a half, and special props to that guy for going to the family truckster school of styling

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
8/29/12 10:24 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Wild! I just passed that very truck this weekend but was on the bike and couldn't grab a photo of it.

Which one?

RossD
RossD UltraDork
8/29/12 10:31 a.m.

My first thought about the 6x6 chassis was not a duece and half but rather a cement/dump truck...

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/29/12 10:34 a.m.
RossD wrote: My first thought about the 6x6 chassis was not a duece and half but rather a cement/dump truck...

This is probably more accurate.

chockrl
chockrl New Reader
8/29/12 10:46 a.m.

Knew a guy, that did move to Ohio, that took an 80's F350 dually added a deuce and a half transmission behind a CAT C7 firetruck rating. Completely boxed in the frame, etc. Was a pretty slick truck.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
8/29/12 11:09 a.m.

Don't be standing next to it when he beeps that horn.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
8/29/12 11:20 a.m.

best ZAV ever

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/29/12 11:28 a.m.
jstein77 wrote: Don't be standing next to it when he beeps that horn.

Those are puny. A contractor here has two sets of train horns (those + 1 larger horn) bolted in the belly of his F250.

Honk it a block away and your ears burst into flames.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
8/29/12 11:49 a.m.
mndsm wrote:
RossD wrote: My first thought about the 6x6 chassis was not a duece and half but rather a cement/dump truck...
This is probably more accurate.

Yeah, concrete trucks tens to have wide singles like that for better floatation.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
9/1/12 7:06 a.m.

I just saw a truck in Decatur Illinois that was an old dodge on a ladder frame with tractor tires; think Bigfoot with a license plate. Sorry no pictures I was driving and my wife was going " no, that way". You know.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cFprPnOVLbahSrJoy9TrmxTfI9b4NPn3T8VXvVhLw7A9TBgLQ9VsmqJbjLxmdzzJ