pawi
pawi
1/25/11 9:39 a.m.

I was referred here from R3VLimited.com

So,

I have searched this on Honda Forums and can't seem to get any good answers. So I am throwing this question out there for you HONDA guys.

My fiance has a '00 Civic EX, blew up the D-series, had her friends install a '95 B18C1. This was back in '08. The car runs like garbage now.

They used the '00 ECU and wiring harness, some ghetto distibutor, and it is throwing CEL's for knock sensor, and 02 sensor.

So my question is, how do I properly switch this OBD1 engine to OBD2b? I would like it to pass NJ inspection, and I belive going to OBD1 is not legal.

Thanks in advance for any input.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
1/25/11 9:47 a.m.

fuel injectors and distributor are different based on the version of the obd you are running. The ecu may also be different. They actually make plug in harnesses so you can adapt a different generation ecu into place.

click this link for more detailed help

The above link is to a web forum that specializes in the electronics side of honda swaps.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/25/11 6:12 p.m.

For a DD, I've always pushed the easy button and bought the appropriate jumper/subharness from rywire.com

You'll want an OBD2b Integra GSR ECU (you might have to send it out to disable the immobilizer) from a '00-'01 Integra if you want it to be plug and play into your stock Civic OBD2b Civic harness. You can use an OBD2a Integra GSR ECU but you'll have to get a jumper harness to allow the OBD2a ECU plug into the OBD2b car.

Is the car seriously being run off the stock D-series ECU? I think the first step in fixing this is identifying exactly what you have now in terms of your ECU and distributor.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HlH14epRx9egnYyZrPN9kyGRkL3XysRnhJjQntpBc6EWtDrQag79MjebBMIInKp2