digdug18
digdug18 Dork
3/21/11 2:58 p.m.

I'm looking for an american tool company, they are based in ohio, and have 2 manufacturing facilities. I'm guessing not everything is made in USA, but their prices seem fair. Have you had any problems with them? How is the quality compared to MAC, Snap On and Matco?

Andrew

scardeal
scardeal HalfDork
3/21/11 3:35 p.m.

Stacey David seems to think highly of them. He had a factory walkthrough on his Gearz show. Their stuff is made in the USA, btw.

Woodward_Dreams
Woodward_Dreams New Reader
3/21/11 3:41 p.m.

I have a used several different tools from them and ive been really happy with their quality. Like Matco and Snap On, there are a few items that are not made in the USA (screwdrivers ect). But their core line of sockets and wrenches are USA made. I definitely prefer them to Mac, but they are on par with Matco imho.

Ranger50
Ranger50 HalfDork
3/21/11 4:06 p.m.

Personal take here..... Near Snapon quality for about half price, especially chromes and in sets. The swivel impacts are OK, but seem to wear out fast and get floppy. I also never had a problem getting broken sockets replaced even if I did use that gorilla 1/2" impact with a chrome socket tightening up some duallie wheels.

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
3/21/11 5:23 p.m.

Good to hear, I was looking at their sales flyer, prices seem fair. and being made in the USA is great for me and the country.

LopRacer
LopRacer New Reader
3/21/11 6:20 p.m.

Had good luck with them thus far, on par with other "Tool Truck" tools as their truck comes by our shop weekly and have been good quility for a more fair price than Snap On Matco etc. Still pricey compared to chain brand tools like Craftsman but well made.

shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
3/21/11 9:02 p.m.

It's my experience that they are only available through mobile distribution. That said, they are good quality at a fair price. Our old Snap-on man got a Cornwell route a while ago.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
3/21/11 9:46 p.m.

I like Cornwell tools, they're almost as good as Snap-On, with a much more reasonable price. But then again we call our Snap-On guy "Scotty the crooked tool man" so I'm a little against Snap-On.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c5TpPhoLIZxOrLBcL2A1OqsH6FI03qxxV4abPoaj0YJXyj5K0Yrgb3eLTaFnXkJm