Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/24/14 9:45 a.m.

This is a question I ask myself seriously, because I work from home four days a week and yet this is the second time something has broken in the last few months on the one day when I go into work.

This time there is some sort of exhaust smell coming into the cabin, last time the alternator crapped out. I'm hoping it is just the valve cover gasket leaking this time as that would be an easy fix. E46 3 series is the car.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Dork
9/24/14 11:08 a.m.

Murphy's Law

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
9/24/14 12:04 p.m.

Caus your wife is driving it?

Harvey
9/24/14 12:17 p.m.

I don't think it helps that her commute is only 3 miles (not that this has anything to do with this issue). I need to get an electric car.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
9/24/14 12:27 p.m.

In reply to Harvey:

or a bicycle

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
9/24/14 1:17 p.m.

Because its an aging late model German car?

Harvey
9/24/14 2:34 p.m.
fidelity101 wrote: In reply to Harvey: or a bicycle

Kinda hilly and the kid doesn't fit all that well in a basket.

Kenny_McCormic wrote: Because its an aging late model German car?

That can't be it.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
9/24/14 11:03 p.m.

When I travel my wife always breaks her car AND the house.

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo HalfDork
9/25/14 3:38 a.m.

how much crap your wife can ruin, and how fast she can ruin it, are directly proportional to your distance from said ruined thing.

-J0N

bigmackloud
bigmackloud New Reader
9/25/14 11:09 a.m.

Glad I'm not alone in this. A few months ago, my wife flew home from NYC to NC without me (I stayed behind to visit a friend in NJ). Her flight landed around 11pm. At about 11:30pm, I get a call from her stating the battery is dead in the car in the parking deck. ugh

A very similar occurrence is that when she'll call or come visit the garage is directly related to how inopportune of a moment it is for someone to bother you (ie, laying on the floor under a car, holding a heavy part, with hot oil dripping down your arm, etc).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UoZQTTAVUsiTL5K94UI1wg4WylG4ZBcqJE5uQyKP7IL88Rueo6sor4m4gNHhcAA7