cstreicher
cstreicher New Reader
7/4/13 12:52 p.m.

For everyone who doesn't live in a house, how do you store your race car? Do you keep it outside? Do you have a garage? If so is it rented or does your apartment have garages? Do you like your current race car storage situation?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/4/13 12:56 p.m.

Well, I have a house... but when I'm not actively working on the car I leave it in the trailer rather than eat up a garage bay.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
7/4/13 1:11 p.m.

I rent two garages. It sucks.

cstreicher
cstreicher New Reader
7/4/13 1:20 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I rent two garages. It sucks.

Yeah that's what I'm looking into doing right now. I've seen apartment complexes with shared garages you can rent. I'm wondering if they're any cheaper.

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
7/4/13 1:21 p.m.

I to rent two garages. It sucks.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
7/4/13 1:26 p.m.

In my garage. She sleeps on casters. Battery trickle charger. Water drained. Normally the race car gets a lot of work done all winter long.

The classic. I put in cheap oil, do a filter change, wash her down and fog the system. Used to run the engine or move the car but we had to much snow last winter. So now I have a 2nd set of casters allowing me to move the cars around to make space as needed.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Reader
7/4/13 2:13 p.m.

I DD my 'race car', and park her in the tiny garage whenever possible.
Off street parking is the next option, thankfully she's not worth stealing (and looks the part)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/4/13 2:27 p.m.

Just outdoors. Kills paint, tint and stickers extra fast, but it's all I got.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/4/13 6:20 p.m.

I rented a small garage in bad shape for nearly 10 years. Tough way to go but it's all I could do. Now I have my own (spent those years saving) and it's great. Of course I spend so much I have to keep my projects in the challenge budget range.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
7/4/13 6:47 p.m.

Everything sits outside. Nobody around these parts seem to know what a garage is except it is a place where you goto to get your vehicle worked on and overcharged for that privilege.

jdbuilder
jdbuilder New Reader
7/4/13 6:53 p.m.

Outside, garages are for work space. Dont know if you have Advanced Auto Parts where you live, but 3 years ago I overpaid for a car cover that came with lifetime warranty and have gotten it exchanged five times since then. It gets beat and destroyed by the Florida sun within the year but better it than the car.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/4/13 7:17 p.m.

I keep my other car at work and I daily-drive the rallycross car.

I think I put $20 of fuel in my other car in the past two months, because I only use it to pick up lunch sometimes. I work on my cars at work since I have no way of doing it at home, so if I break the rallycross car, I limp it to work and then drive the other car home.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
7/4/13 9:11 p.m.

have a house ... no garage .. cars sit outside

calteg
calteg Reader
7/4/13 10:49 p.m.

Have a house. Race car and wife's car in the garage. Whatever toy I happen to have in the driveway. DD in the street (purposely moved into a development without HOA). Other racecar at a friend's house. Any extra cars end up parked at work. Rotate as needed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g8t3Yde7oIzl8nPrqAfmrBlUv11dqfhWEFyjlqayQKCZg5uAS1gGu5Au0Tiz7V6y