Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher Emeritus
10/2/24 12:42 p.m.

Earlier today, I drove a new Z Nismo from upstate New York back to its home port in northern New Jersey. I hated it. It was cramped. It rode harshly, and the controls were hard to see and operate. Sure, it was very quick and handled well, but I could never live with a car like that.

When we started …

Read the rest of the story

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
10/2/24 1:01 p.m.

Oddly I've never been one that found rough riding cars acceptable simply because they're  more trackable; even when I was a broke teenager. I think this comes from my motorcycle background; making them handle better included improving their performance on bumpy pavement.

As for the rest; I think experience (age) tends to put things into perspective as far as what matters to you.

Up until somewhat recently I've always floated the idea of going to the RunOffs but lack of budget to do it properly sopped me. I know have that budget but a statement by a two time winner made me rethink that. 

He said "It's cool and a personal accomplishment, but I'd rather have the $100,000.00 back"

As a teenager I wanted to prove myself as a racer; nearly 40 years later I know that I am a damn good driver and don't need to prove anything. I've also turned into a pretty good instructor.

I realized it's the shared experience of being on track with friends that matters to me. I still of that same passion but it's much more focused on what makes me happy rather than the outright results.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gmyn4EcRSvV3jdt7LPW88zp5gqCXXUCnL92F1tZhVskWVP6cIOIvSEMOS9EwsqW2