1 2 3
Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
7/26/24 1:42 p.m.
ClearWaterMS said:

let me ask you this, when you consider the cost of maintaining (and fueling) a tow rig vs just paying for consumables in that car, how do they compare?  

Well since we trailer it to the track, hard to compare :-)

If I were to take some rough guesses on numbers. Fueling costs when driving to events would be double when towing versus driving an unladen vehicle (from my experience atleast), so depending on the distance to the event you are looking at 2 - 4 additional fill ups unless you are towing 12+ hours. 

In this car we are running just over a half tank every two sessions, which probably is around 30% more gas than used in my previous NA rig. Tires and brakes are probably in that same rhelm of 30% increases due to the heft and power this thing has. 

I would guess I could manage a full season (5 or 6 weekends) if I wasn't co-driving on a set of front rotors/tires, with the pads and rear rotors/tires lasting 1.5 seasons (8 weekends or so). Just spitballing but happy to dig deeper if needed into numbers/replacement costs/etc.

Tires are around 1800 a full set plus 115 to mount, pads are $550 a full set (330F/220R). Rotors are 1240 a set (879F/371R). Oil is 10 qts M1 (around 50 bucks plus filter or 175 bucks including diff and tranny). Track wheels were 1700 from Apex.

Dang on second thought quite a bit higher considering how much cheaper my last car was with 17" wheels/narrower tires and centric rotors that cost all of 35 bucks to replace a piece. :-)

Edit: Maybe I need to look into $600 sets of takeoff slicks. Buddies seem to think we could get 2 weekends of codriving out of them, would be quite a bit cheaper.....

Need someone at camaro6 to step up so I can buy some unused rotors from those forums at half price before I have to spend 800 bucks on another set :-((((((((. Where are you admins?>!?!?>!?>

PenzRacin
PenzRacin New Reader
8/20/24 12:36 a.m.

Did you happen to find any members on the Camaro6 forum? I'm trying to buy some tires for my ZL1 that I believe are fairly close to me but have no way of messaging since my account isn't being approved.

Also, congrats on the ZL1 purchase! I picked up a 2018 back in May and going to Mid-Ohio with it next month. Can't wait to drive it on the track after selling my 02 Z06.

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
8/20/24 8:36 a.m.
PenzRacin said:

Did you happen to find any members on the Camaro6 forum? I'm trying to buy some tires for my ZL1 that I believe are fairly close to me but have no way of messaging since my account isn't being approved.

Also, congrats on the ZL1 purchase! I picked up a 2018 back in May and going to Mid-Ohio with it next month. Can't wait to drive it on the track after selling my 02 Z06.

Nope. Have sent multiple messages to try and get credentials to no avail :-(. Let me know if you have any luck...

As an aside, got my LS swap racecar prepped and ready for sale: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/bmw-e36-ls-racecar/272734/page1/

flyin_viata
flyin_viata GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/20/24 10:45 a.m.

If you are on Facebook, try messaging Luan Zeqollari who is an admin in the 6th Gen Camaro 1LE Owners group and very active on Camaro6 (not sure if an Admin there or not).

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X39NPwjW1Vd0Y95UogW170Bj4fKpuf7zd5dHdaiVBQcBc2gPN1O9s4wW51oiKcwO