G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
8/20/18 11:29 a.m.

My friend ended up buying this yesterday. The second-cheapest 6-speed G35 in Ontario. So far it looks like all it'll need for a safety certificate is an exhaust. Brakes are good, suspension's good, mileage is a big high so it burns oil but pulls strong. Transmission is nice and smooth, body's in pretty good shape other than a few dents and scratches. Altogether he spent just $2k Canadian. It was either this or another Les Paul :p

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
8/20/18 2:38 p.m.

Don't be too hard on yourself.  Depending on how good he would have been on the Les Paul, you may have done everybody a favour by pointing him at the G.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/20/18 3:28 p.m.

Good buy. That makes me happy!

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
8/20/18 4:04 p.m.

these early VQ for the G35 had known issues of piston rings but it made it that high mileage I would think this oil consumption was just due to wear. Seems like a great buy though!

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
8/20/18 4:47 p.m.

You're a terrible influence, after all you're the one who introduced me to this nut house!  That seems like a solid buy for 2k Canuck bucks.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/20/18 11:21 p.m.

You need to start a gang.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
8/21/18 10:08 a.m.

It's crazy how these things are P71-cheap in Canada. Ice cold a/c, Stillen intake, Z1 zip tube, OEM 350Z suspension, etc. I'll try and get him to run a build thread on here since he's already found some NISMO goodies for it. If the exhaust arrives in time we might take it to autocross this weekend.

As for starting a gang, I already know a guy local to our college who bought an AWD automatic one for $1000 and loves it. We're planning a photo shoot sometime.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/21/18 10:36 a.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man :

Tell him to hold off on the Nismo stuff and focus on keeping the build cost below $2018 USD, because things.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
8/21/18 11:43 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

If only the challenge was a week later or midterms were a week earlier, then we'd totally do fall break in Florida. Also even with the NISMO bits it's gonna be nicely under $2018 US considering what he could sell the original parts for (also with the currency conversion his car only cost him $1526 USD).

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/21/18 11:55 a.m.

“I am a terrible influence”.

5,000 Megadorks raise their hands. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/21/18 12:20 p.m.

Did you say photo shoot?

Since you're Canadian, might I suggest

Icy, Icy, Hot Stuntaz?

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
8/21/18 1:03 p.m.
G_Body_Man said:

My friend ended up buying this yesterday. The second-cheapest 6-speed G35 in Ontario.

I'm curious...what was the problem with the cheapest G35?  smiley

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
8/21/18 10:03 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

The mileage was ludicrous (340k), it wasn't in nearly as good shape as this one and the cheapest G35 in Ontario wasn't available right meow.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/22/18 7:49 a.m.
captdownshift said:

In reply to G_Body_Man :

Tell him to hold off on the Nismo stuff and focus on keeping the build cost below $2018 USD, because things.

it's really just a matter of time for one to show up... especially seeing the prices on nova CL; and that's discounting the molested coupes out there

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
8/22/18 10:20 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

There already (sort-of) is one showing up

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
8/22/18 10:26 a.m.
SVreX said:

“I am a terrible influence”.

5,000 Megadorks raise their hands. 

And quite a few UltraDorks as well.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/24/18 4:57 a.m.
G_Body_Man said:

In reply to sleepyhead :

oh, right... duh

I was meaning more in the "Stampie"/"John Welsh" slash some weight, throw some wide tires, and maybe some cheap suspension / scrap-yard parts and get it done in 6months way.

Not to take anything away from the wagon/G35 hybrid build... that thing is awesome

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
8/24/18 9:43 a.m.
sleepyhead said:
G_Body_Man said:

In reply to sleepyhead :

oh, right... duh

I was meaning more in the "Stampie"/"John Welsh" slash some weight, throw some wide tires, and maybe some cheap suspension / scrap-yard parts and get it done in 6months way.

Not to take anything away from the wagon/G35 hybrid build... that thing is awesome

Give it a year or two and I bet they'll start showing up. VQ35s respond fairly well to boost, too.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tCvHwr5uBce22sD7T7zC6VVUCjpqeWO88DuUZWDAH9hHGxERoX7lnaeIZk1mhR1V