ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/22/11 6:25 a.m.

This time of the year has me counting my blessings. Four manufacturers I am grateful for include:

Mazda, for still making the MX5 (and promising a lighter one for the ND);
Ford, for all the variations of the Mustang;
GM, for the Corvette, and the CTS-V Wagon with manual;
Ferrari (and I should add I am grateful that I have eyes and ears) for the Italia;

Now I will go hug my children.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/22/11 6:54 a.m.

For the MS All things front engine liquid cooled Porsche WD40

Kids, wife, good job.. . . .etc.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/22/11 7:00 a.m.

I agree. I good time to reflect and count our blessings.

Carwise: I'm glad I've seen the resurgence of Muscle cars. I'm still surprised at the lastest specs on some of these new ones. After the dark ages (aka the mid-late '70s) it's nice to have choices like we do now. Also, I'm grateful the cars of the 80s and 90s are fun enough and cheap enough for me to sample a wide variety from MR2s to V8 Mustangs.

Otherwise: I have all of my fingers and toes, arms and legs and can still see and hear. My health and my loved ones' health is still pretty good...

Merry Christmas.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/22/11 7:10 a.m.

carwise: you guys! Well, I guess the magazine comes first, but its nice to know there are others out there like me. All cars! They have always been a hobby and I may like some more than others, but I'm glad they're all there.

Otherwise: My wonderful wife and family. Without them, nothing else would be possible. (ok, and I'm glad I have all my extremities and appendages... I have one in particular in mind that I wouldn't want to live without)

Merry Christmas, and here's to the new year!

DavidinDurango
DavidinDurango Reader
12/22/11 9:14 a.m.

It's been a tough year. "Retired" from a job I had for 18 years - really the best thing that ever happened, but I didn't know it at the time. and lost a friend I enjoyed for 63 years - my Mom.

But, I'm still making new friends and still able to do things for the less fortunate. Its been said before, and will be said again. . . .Hug 'em while you've got 'em!

Have a safe new year!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
12/22/11 9:24 a.m.

Dear Heavenly... uh...

Spirit. Thank you. Thank you for providing us with the direct-port nitrous... uh... injection, four-core intercoolers, an' ball-bearing turbos, and... um... titanium valve springs. Thank you.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
12/22/11 9:54 a.m.

Here's to health, improvisation when wealth isn't an option, and dirt-cheap V8s.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
12/22/11 11:04 a.m.

The Toyotas, the Fords, Hendrick and Roush Motorsports, and my smokin' hot wife.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
12/22/11 11:06 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: Here's to health, improvisation when wealth isn't an option, and dirt-cheap V8s.

He's a reverend. We should probably go with this.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/22/11 2:32 p.m.

I don't believe in an all-diety, or luck or any of that stuff. However, I do think that sometimes circumstances line up in the best way possible sometimes. I'm thankful for those times:

1. How I met my wife (she fell, I caught her, we talked and started dating)
  2. Our first child
  3. Our second child, who was born 4 years to the day after our first child.

Everything else I worked my butt off for =)

thestig99
thestig99 Reader
12/23/11 7:10 a.m.

Finallly getting to use my roof rack.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
12/23/11 7:40 a.m.

Im grateful to my dad for teaching me how to turn a wrench, to the bike shop for paying me for all those years to turn wrenches, to my wife for finding a house with a garage that she could live with for me to put my wrenches in, to my grandma for the toolbox that keeps my wrenches organized, and to the powers that be for the health and strength to turn those wrenches...Merry Christmas!

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy HalfDork
12/23/11 12:30 p.m.
ZOO wrote: This time of the year has me counting my blessings.

For 3 - 1980s Toyotas that ALL run well and strong!

For Toyota for reviving the roofed, light, nimble car.... hopefully!

For knowledge over stupidity (still hopeful on this one too )

and last, but most definately not least...

My wife

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
12/23/11 6:20 p.m.

I'm thankful for a lot of things. General: My amazing family and friends that I wouldnt trade for the world. A job that pays the bills and allows me to have benefits and all that other good stuff. My health. My ability to have common sense and logic at the same time. Gonna have to mention gravity in there as well....its nice having that. Car Wise: GRM and all of the crazy kooks on here (myself included), Mazda and owning a Miata, 5X Racing for all of the great parts and support and for putting me on the Team Support Program, and for the NASA Florida region

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
12/23/11 6:21 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: The Toyotas, the Fords, Hendrick and Roush Motorsports, and my smokin' hot wife.

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SlyvlBWcw4JUYGELheON9ukSaXrJlTDr6klJj7tvAMv4F8Zxu6r3MtqBzw8CUzW4