stroker
stroker PowerDork
8/1/24 9:11 p.m.

NMNA

You'd have to be a Real Man to drive this thing in anger...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/1/24 9:26 p.m.

Yeah baby. 

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
8/1/24 10:15 p.m.

-heavy breathing-

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/1/24 10:22 p.m.

That's a super fair price for that car too. 

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
8/1/24 11:46 p.m.

The ad should have said "Low mileage, executive-driven for work only."

Seriously cool car.  327ci, yes please.

My dad used to to drive us from northern Illinois all the way down to the sprint races at Du Quoin, IL.  You never knew who would show up, maybe Foyt, an Unser or two, and other Indy stars.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/2/24 1:03 a.m.

HNNNNNGH

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
8/2/24 6:26 a.m.

How is this not sold yet?

My dad and uncle had one in the late sixties, buick power i believe.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/2/24 7:08 a.m.

Going by the general body shape I wonder if it was originally built earlier than the 1970s, and then updated over time.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/2/24 8:44 a.m.

Years ago I saw one in a grocery store parking lot.  The look bigger in real life!  Add round red tail lights, some chrome headlights and a horn - done.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/24 9:30 a.m.

That is awesome.

I'm glad that thing is so far away. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/2/24 9:30 a.m.
stuart in mn said:

Going by the general body shape I wonder if it was originally built earlier than the 1970s, and then updated over time.

Most certainly the sprint/midgets back then weren't redesigned on a year nearly basis like they are now. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
8/2/24 11:42 a.m.

The big question I have is - Transmission?

If I recall correctly, many sprint cars of that type are direct drive, which would limit its useability. There may not even be space to put a transmission in there. 

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/2/24 11:47 a.m.
Apexcarver said:

If I recall correctly, many sprint cars of that type are direct drive, which would limit its useability. There may not even be space to put a transmission in there. 

To my limited knowledge, sprint cars have an in-out box.  And no starter.  I wonder if a power glide would fit.

drock25too
drock25too GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/2/24 12:05 p.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

You could shoehorn one in but you'd be sitting on top of it with your feet on each side of the bell housing.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/2/24 3:37 p.m.
Apexcarver said:

Yep, that's why you see all the vehicles push starting them and no standing starts. 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/2/24 6:43 p.m.

It'll probably never run again.  I see some "theme" restaurant or bar getting it, draining the fluids, and mounting it on the wall.

RacerBoy75
RacerBoy75 Reader
8/2/24 8:52 p.m.

That seems impossibly cheap, but the fact that there is no starter really limits the potential uses. 

I've seen a sprint car at the local circle track that did have a starter and clutch, so it's possible to not need a push truck. Just imagine the fun you could have! Autocross it! Do track days! Take it to the drags! Drive it up Pike's Peak!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/24 10:37 p.m.

I always wanted a silver crown car.  

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
8/3/24 12:29 a.m.

Very likely has an in and out box but it is possible to fit a simple clutch.

You'll also notice it only has a caliper on the left front.......for obvious reasons.

I always wanted to turn one of these into a vintage road race car. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OIsHrkojosnVPtRUdERrEgBL0alfcmEeAWFbXFAnKfmLefoTKMEjzRKhzpivQx6T