1 2 3
confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
9/28/13 11:29 p.m.

For twenty years, it's been the #1 car on my list of cars to own. Now I finally own one. I built the models as a kid, I watched that terrible TV show named after the car, and I remember pretty much every one I've ever seen.

1994 Dodge Viper RT/10:

[URL=http://s200.photobucket.com/user/confuZion3/media/WP_20130927_001.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s200.photobucket.com/user/confuZion3/media/WP_20130928_002.jpg.html][/URL]

My Dad flew out with me to Detroit to pick it up yesterday and we drove it back through the day into the night back to southern PA. I took it to my house in Baltimore this morning and washed off a thousand miles worth of road grime. I can't believe it's mine. :) And it's only got 27,000 miles for now.

Fly and drive is a great way to buy a car and to get to know it. I'm blown away by how comfortable it is. It's much more comfortable than the Miata. We were averaging 22-23 miles per gallon on the way home too.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/28/13 11:31 p.m.

Congratulations, she looks very clean

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/28/13 11:32 p.m.

Wonderful! So happy for you!

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
9/28/13 11:35 p.m.

Looks like a beauty! Congrats

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
9/28/13 11:37 p.m.

Congrats

Many good miles to you

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
9/28/13 11:41 p.m.

it looks like it's in awesome shape!

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
9/29/13 12:02 a.m.

Congrats! My uncle has one exactly like that, but with even less miles. He keeps it parked in his walk-out basement and has to drive through his yard when he takes it out.

They look 10x better in person than in pictures, IMO.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
9/29/13 12:18 a.m.

I'm only sad because your Viper gets comparable mileage to my mostly stock miata.

Cool!

AverageH
AverageH New Reader
9/29/13 12:24 a.m.

Wow! Dream come true, literally. What a high you must be feeling; good job man, and a great choice on an awesome car.

-Hamid

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/29/13 2:00 a.m.

Hot Damn! Very nice

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
9/29/13 2:16 a.m.

This makes me happy. Keep us posted on all the fun you have with her dude!

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
9/29/13 4:37 a.m.

SCORE!

jdbuilder
jdbuilder Reader
9/29/13 6:59 a.m.

That's awesome! Fly and drive of an exotic is on my bucket list! You got to do both!

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/29/13 7:02 a.m.

Color me jealous! Nice!

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
9/29/13 7:59 a.m.

Something about the original RT/10's really gets me. Maybe it's the side pipes, maybe it's the period correct tri-fans... either way, it's awesome.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/29/13 8:28 a.m.

In reply to confuZion3:

That's super awesome! Congrats on fulfilling your dream.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
9/29/13 8:39 a.m.

Congratulations.

I had a ride in one just last week. It was at a slalom and it was really wet. The Viper is a handful in the wet. I'm not sure what these earlier cars had on offer for traction control but the one I was in did not seem to have any kind of a guardian angel!

The other impression I got was that they were HOT inside; you can certainly tell that the exhaust runs inside the sills. Shorts might be a bad idea when entering and exiting these beast!

Enjoy.

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
9/29/13 8:40 a.m.

Congratulations! It looks to be in fantastic shape. I'm jealous not only of the Viper but the drive and fly too.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Reader
9/29/13 8:40 a.m.

Keeping the wheels stock or upgrading them? Congrats on your acquisition.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
9/29/13 8:45 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: Congratulations. I had a ride in one just last week. It was at a slalom and it was really wet. The Viper is a handful in the wet. I'm not sure what these earlier cars had on offer for traction control but the one I was in did not seem to have any kind of a guardian angel! The other impression I got was that they were HOT inside; you can certainly tell that the exhaust runs inside the sills. Shorts might be a bad idea when entering and exiting these beast! Enjoy.

Traction control was persona non gratis in Vipers right up until the new SRT one that just came out.

t25torx
t25torx Reader
9/29/13 8:59 a.m.

Congrats dude! This was one of my dream cars as a kid too, I also built model cars of it, had an awesome poster, and generally lusted after one.

SeanC
SeanC New Reader
9/29/13 9:22 a.m.

Congrats man!

I like to think that with patience, enough time, and a little bit of luck we'll all get to own at least one of our dream cars without ruining ourselves financially to get there. I figure I'm up for mine in about 10-15 years or so - lol

-Sean

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/29/13 9:39 a.m.

Looks awesome!! That is one car I've been meaning to try out. Those are really bad-ass

jmc14
jmc14 Reader
9/29/13 9:47 a.m.

Congratulations. Have fun

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi Reader
9/29/13 10:00 a.m.

Congratulations on turning dreams into reality!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fZoGmS7WFtPSEl2SHDlUQWGEZmbaoowsRw2e8DEtHi4Yi0MeOaVULYhBOjfKhmp0