1 2 3
gamby
gamby SuperDork
4/20/10 9:01 p.m.
Billy_Bottle_Caps wrote: Can't wait to see that lowered.......

Nor I. Very cool project to get into.

Then again, I stopped keeping track of SlickDizzy's latest acquisitions. I can't count that high.

Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
4/20/10 9:46 p.m.

Awesome! Good luck with it!

I have seen a very nice Brat in central NJ a couple of times. Looks to be in amazingly good condition.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
4/20/10 10:00 p.m.
rmarkc wrote:
SlickDizzy wrote: Photobucket
There is just so much win in this pic. Somebody p-shop in a Miata, an E30 and a P71 and it will be the ultimate GRM picture.

Don't forget the newest 4WD addition to the family...........the Cherokee.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
4/20/10 10:18 p.m.

Nah, nah, nah, I got an EJ22 Brat for $750.

Around here, that's about like saying, "My wife likes sex more than I do".

It's the perfect way to get EVERYONE to HATE you.

Love it, man! Enjoy!!

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
4/20/10 10:50 p.m.
kreb wrote: A Mazda with a 13B sounds pretty good too:

Paging Mazdax605, Mazdax605 to the Subaru BRAT thread...

Mental
Mental SuperDork
4/21/10 12:26 a.m.

Nice one Slick, if you came back to eVil , you wouldn't have to use smugmug.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/21/10 8:35 a.m.

I can't remember the last time I saw a brat in the flesh.. returning to the earth or not. Nice find!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/21/10 9:10 a.m.

Wasn't BRAT an acronym for something? Bi-drive Recreational All Terrain or something?

Powar
Powar HalfDork
4/21/10 9:24 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Wasn't BRAT an acronym for something? Bi-drive Recreational All Terrain or something?

Per Wikipedia, 'Bi-drive Recreational All-terrain Transporter'.

I never knew that. Cool. I really like the Australian name- Brumby.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
4/21/10 9:28 a.m.

Wow! That Brat is 8 shades of badass!!

The_Jed
The_Jed Reader
4/21/10 10:12 a.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

I spotted that one on UltimateSubaru. I'm glad someone saved it from the crusher.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/21/10 10:20 a.m.
SVreX wrote: Nah, nah, nah, I got an EJ22 Brat for $750. Around here, that's about like saying, "My wife likes sex more than I do". It's the perfect way to get EVERYONE to HATE you. Love it, man! Enjoy!!

Mental wrote: Nice one Slick, if you came back to eVil , you wouldn't have to use smugmug.

I didn't realize eVil was back. I'm still miffed about the last server hack/crash - I literally had hundreds of un-replaceable photos on that. Oh, well. I'll re-register.

The_Jed wrote: In reply to SlickDizzy: I spotted that one on UltimateSubaru. I'm glad someone saved it from the crusher.

I know! I am still completely amazed that nobody else even called the guy. Talk about a ridiculous deal!

My girlfriend loves it to death, she sent this to me with a "safety first" warning today:

SlickDizzy
4/21/10 10:23 a.m.
EvanB wrote: Where did you buy it in Ohio? I saw one a couple weeks ago here in Columbus that I think was the same color.

We picked it up from Dayton, but I am told that the car was previously living in Cleveland. I could be wrong on that, though.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/21/10 10:32 a.m.

I also seem to remember that the rear seats were tacked on at the last minute to make it a 4-seater in order to duck under some new federal tax on imports. That's two obscure facts about an 80's Subaru Brat. I am truly full of useless knowledge.

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/25/10 8:50 p.m.

^^ yes the Brat was actually imported as a car with those jump seats in the back. That's how they avoided the light truck import tax at the time.

I owned 2 Brats (friends called them "Barts" - not sure why) and I'm glad to see you with this one. Nice score with the 2.2L already in it. The 1.6L was a dog in my '82 and the 1.8L two barrel carbed '85 was almost as slow but could bury the speedo downhill with a tail wind.

3Door4G
3Door4G Reader
4/25/10 9:44 p.m.

That thing is awesome! How come I've never seen one of these before.

Must be because I live on the east coast, huh?

Vigo
Vigo Reader
4/25/10 10:25 p.m.

on a somewhat related note.. I have owned 4 Dodge Rampages and 1 Scamp GT. Props for picking up the Brat.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
4/25/10 11:47 p.m.
Feedyurhed wrote:
rmarkc wrote:
SlickDizzy wrote: Photobucket
There is just so much win in this pic. Somebody p-shop in a Miata, an E30 and a P71 and it will be the ultimate GRM picture.
Don't forget the newest 4WD addition to the family...........the Cherokee.

The real third leg of the GRM trifecta had a 4WD option... the Astro. Long live the Astro!

Brats are way cool, too.

Jay
Jay Dork
4/26/10 4:01 a.m.
SlickDizzy wrote: My girlfriend loves it to death, she sent this to me with a "safety first" warning today:

Wow, that's a pretty dangerous situation there. I can't believe anyone would drive around like that.

I mean, look! That gas door is CLEARLY held closed with tape instead of being properly latched. WTF goes through the minds of these numbskulls? Unbelievable.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Reader
4/26/10 5:36 a.m.

In reply to RexSeven:

You Rang!!!!???

sachilles
sachilles HalfDork
4/26/10 9:39 a.m.

Nice. I approve.

cghstang
cghstang Reader
4/26/10 11:27 a.m.
Jay wrote:
SlickDizzy wrote: My girlfriend loves it to death, she sent this to me with a "safety first" warning today:
Wow, that's a pretty dangerous situation there. I can't believe anyone would drive around like that. I mean, look! That gas door is CLEARLY held closed with tape instead of being properly latched. WTF goes through the minds of these numbskulls? Unbelievable.

Is that a cup holder on the bed rail?

Vigo
Vigo Reader
4/26/10 3:31 p.m.

I certainly hope so!!

SlickDizzy
4/26/10 4:15 p.m.

Clearly, there is an aftermarket accessory I need to find!

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
4/26/10 4:50 p.m.

great, I already have too many cars (if there really is such a thing) and now I want a brat.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Xx0kKBsp36uU2T1TH7Aqln8xzcnlmDX3WG0oorqJR8lHCElEn1SZMGwZFfzf8weF