1 2
MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
9/30/14 12:14 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
MG Bryan wrote: I want Screamin's car in bad way now. Alas, I can't go to Pittsburg on a weekend - the Marine Corps owns my life. I wish it was still in Charlotte, because I could make that happen. Since I neglected to specify my location, I'm in Jacksonville, NC. Edit: I've been looking at Probes, but I won't pay more than a grand for one. I know it technically hits all the same points the MX6 does, but I just don't care for them. If someone has a stupidly cheap Probe they can put me onto, I'll settle and probably be plenty happy with one. (Edit 2) There's a Probe listed in Raleigh for 900, and if I can somehow make it there this weekend, I'll take a look at it. I'd still rather have the Mazda just because they're less hideous.
I have a brother in Pitt- We can make this happen.....

Holy happenstance Batman! You've got one of those email things.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
9/30/14 12:24 p.m.

Also, if anyone else has some sort of suggestion, aside from something running an F2T, which will stand up to ridiculous boost and can be easily cobbled together by someone in a parking lot, feel free to point me in that direction too.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/30/14 12:36 p.m.

My other go-tos are 5th or 6th gen Celicas, Corollas like what mndsm just got, and anything BP-powered.

Oh wait... you said "stand up to ridiculous boost."

Really to get on the F2T level, you're looking at the right deal on a DSM and hoping it stays together, and is much harder to work on, or something 3sgte powered, which will be more expensive and harder to work on.

You're looking at single cam things. Turbo dodges, which might have a power/aftermarket/community edge, but i don't think the chassis is as good, or... Z31 300zx Turbo? Those are cool. I like those.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/30/14 12:42 p.m.

I know of a sweet 6 bolt DSM, but the cage means a helmet is required at all times, not the best to daily

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/30/14 12:44 p.m.

The only thing I know of that stands up to stupid levels of boost on a stock block like the F2T is either a 2JZ or a LSx of some fashion, both of which are not usually challenge priced. 1uz is an interesting aside, as is the v6 out of the Sienna (I forget the nonclementure) but those are both entirely different cans of worms. Otherwise yeah, you're looking at a 4g63T- which are getting expensive due to so many being blown up, or like Ben said, 3sgte which are hella spendy. Unless you're Ben cause he's magical with parts.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
9/30/14 1:05 p.m.

Yeah, the S2000 is where all of my serious parts money goes these days. I'd be all about a DSM if I could find one locally that fell into a category aside from stupidly expensive or completely destroyed

Z31 Turbos hadn't crossed my mind, but, now that you mention them, I'll have a look. I have the perfect space and I'm more than equipped for a car that is needy. That space and my tools are 7 hours away from me though.

I've seen what you all do to these MX6s. Clearly a car that would survive my current situation.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE HalfDork
9/30/14 1:37 p.m.

Buy my car

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/30/14 1:44 p.m.

We do do awful things to them and they do just keep going. My one hasn't run in at least a year and I guarantee I could throw a battery in it right now and it'd crank over and go in no time flat.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/30/14 1:56 p.m.

Mine's been crunched a time or two and feels fine.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
9/30/14 2:58 p.m.
ScreaminE wrote: Buy my car

You'll have an email about the MX6 sometime this evening. I have some questions for you and I have to look at the logistics before I can say that I'd be your buyer.

captdownshift
10/2/14 9:42 a.m.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/4689907982.html

Boom goes the dynamite

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
10/2/14 10:38 a.m.
captdownshift wrote: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/4689907982.html Boom goes the dynamite

Um. Does anyone in the Atlanta area want to go look at that for me? I'll send beer money just to get a fellow board member's eyes on it.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/2/14 10:40 a.m.

Walbro pump with install kit can be had for less than $100. Just sayin'.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
10/2/14 10:45 a.m.

Need eyes on. Much want. I was too slow on Screamin's, at which point I started looking for a Starion just because I've always wanted one. There are none that look worthwhile right now. $700 MX6s always look worthwhile thanks to this place.

captdownshift
10/2/14 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

you read my mind, that's EXACTLY what I thought upon seeing the ad.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/2/14 10:48 a.m.

Interior looks kinda gross.

I have a spare pair of seats you can have for $free.99 if you pick that up and find yourself in my area.

captdownshift
10/2/14 10:52 a.m.

I'm really glad that I didn't venture down to Petit this weekend for work...

captdownshift
10/2/14 11:30 a.m.

annnnnnd it's gone (but I think that someone on here knew that already!)

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
10/2/14 4:31 p.m.

The universe is conspiring against my desire to own an MX6.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fV8K5zLjl45vuWJHsbUaIp2jagsZTDSwjAOSM6V0MxR4pegBrmCVFrXoNXOYbF5m