Josh
Josh New Reader
9/22/24 12:14 a.m.

Hello, hoping to pull from some of the more budget minded experience here. 

I'm needing to purchase a wideband O2 sensor to use with a SCT X4 for tuning my V8 swapped truck with a mild build. I'll be using the stock EFI system from the explorer that the drivetrain came from. It's not a high power or "race engine", but the factory tuning does not agree with the camshaft. Running, but not right. I'm going to have it remote tuned, likely by Losata.

I'm not doing a permanent install, it'll be temp installed for the duration of the tuning then removed. After tuning the vehicle will be used for a mix of driving types. Some daily driving, some cruising, some spirited mountain roads, etc. Don't care about having aux gauges displayed and no real advantage to having the wideband after tuning. It'll probably be used again in the future as a tuning tool that I can install as needed. Possibly for tuning a Pimp or Megasquirt ECU on a Ford 2.3L Turbo (lima) build. Also for carb builds.

Lasota recommends a Zentronix LT-2 for ease of install and use by customers. They recommend dataloging it separate from the SCT because people apparently have difficulty configuring the auxiliary input through the X4. I've reviewed doing that and don't think I'll have an issue. The ZT-2 is $400-450 and I don't think I'll need the extra features that price tag brings.

In interest of paying off the bills I've already accrued, plus still needing to purchase injectors and pay for tuning, I'm looking for something a little lower cost. Ideally I'd like to find something $200 or less with analog output that I can connect to the SCT X4 and log with their Livelink software. Don't care much if it includes gauge since it won't be a full time install, but I guess I'll need the ability to add one for future use. 

Recommendations?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LniTtkczaPRx8TsTi0uF7keOgM5BFiRRGPXwrbzLuMnkaSGfoJLJl9dWpkkGGU5B