1 2
rslifkin
rslifkin SuperDork
9/4/17 9:02 p.m.

I think most of the really bad steering in older vans is not that the vans had bad steering, but there's a lot of worn out examples around that could really use some new parts.

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
9/5/17 10:00 a.m.

This concept sounds like it would be incredibly amusing to watch.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/5/17 6:30 p.m.
Crackers
Crackers HalfDork
9/5/17 6:55 p.m.

What platform is the Transit Connect based on? Is it its own thing? 

In my eyes it's like a slightly larger version of the Festiva. 

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
9/5/17 9:39 p.m.

Supers are something you should see during your lifetime. I raced in that (big block) series, it was terrifyingly awesome. Speed to safety ratio is pretty reminiscent of 70s f1 :-/ 

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/5/17 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Crackers :

TC's seem on the inside to be based on the Focus or Cmax

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
9/5/17 10:13 p.m.

That Dodge racing in Japan: I wonder how it feels when you're tucked in close behind, then pull out to attempt a pass.

Crackers
Crackers HalfDork
9/6/17 11:23 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

Me thinks I need look into getting a new work van. An AWD turbo work van. LOL

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
9/7/17 7:55 a.m.

There are some auto racing events that i will wake up at 5:00 am and drive 3 hours to watch. Van racing isnt one of them. If it were added to an event i was already at that would probably be the time i would be getting food or walking the pits. Make it a figure eight or add a jump i might be interested.

Two_Tools_In_a_Tent
Two_Tools_In_a_Tent Reader
9/7/17 8:56 a.m.

Could the vans all be pulling trailers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGflChL5Svw

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
9/7/17 10:12 a.m.

There are some auto racing events that i will wake up at 5:00 am and drive 3 hours to watch.

There are none of those for me. One of my major problems with pro racing is that it's too far removed from my real life to get me excited. The fancier and the faster, the less relevant. Speed, particularly, is something that will probably fail to impress me. The human race has been flying to outer space for well over 50 years. DIY'ers can build 1500+hp cars with production-based engines. Racing rule sets for the faster series are more about constraining the machines down to the limits of men (whether in speed or simply budget)  and about creating competition than about going fast. Given that, i don't particularly see any other types of vehicles as being BETTER than vans for the spectators. All of them go 'only' as fast as they do due to rules constraints, not because of what type of street vehicle they resemble.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cqrKMY1NVvA26GL8CU4MjmhfdflbQS50tPH9INp55IWaoNPDdZIHnaMSx11P7hKt