Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/13/24 4:04 p.m.

Came with my turbo miata donor. It's an mspnp, reportedly tuned for 250ish rwhp.

First off, what do i have here? Second, how can i see whats on it, and if its any good before hooking it up to a perfectly running car? 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/13/24 4:28 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/14/24 7:23 a.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

Thats about as far as I got too. Couldn't narrow it down past that, and ive had some issues since last foray into megasquirt so im essentially starting over from scratch. Hence the thread. 

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro SuperDork
6/14/24 9:55 a.m.

That is a DIYPNP N76, its the build it yourself Plug and Play ecu.  They were discontinued a while back, but the documentation is still available.  It has the add on sequential injector mod, its the small green square board.

DIYPNP build it yourself plug and play systems - DIYAutoTune.com

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/14/24 11:57 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Second, how can i see whats on it, and if its any good before hooking it up to a perfectly running car?

You'll need a laptop with Tuner Studio, a serial to USB cable to talk to the ECU and a way to power the ECU like a simple bench harness that gives a fused 12 volts where the ECU wants it.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
6/14/24 12:38 p.m.
81cpcamaro said:

That is a DIYPNP N76, its the build it yourself Plug and Play ecu.  They were discontinued a while back, but the documentation is still available.  It has the add on sequential injector mod, its the small green square board.

DIYPNP build it yourself plug and play systems - DIYAutoTune.com

Yes, that's what you have here. The barrel connector lets you power it with a 12v power supply off the car to run basic tests.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
REi1oCy6Dqj1oZTOVGPsIkWbRkeqN8hUFlxgoKRmB3llvgcivp0AOHxHWhywDnM4