John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/5/18 5:31 p.m.

Sorry for the poor pictures.  These are cell phone pictures of my tv. 

My 4yr old is watching the Disney production of Treasure Buddies on Netflix.  Talking dogs set in a fake Egypt desert setting.  

I am not familiar with this vehicle.  Clearly, that is a Dodge Van front door and cowl.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/5/18 5:34 p.m.

I don't know either, but i want to search craigslist when the answer is given....

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
12/5/18 5:52 p.m.

Reynolds Boughton RB44........what did I win ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_50_Series

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/5/18 5:53 p.m.

You win my deepest admiration! 

More with pics

Specs

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
12/5/18 5:54 p.m.

I hate trucks.  That thing is awesome.  Never have I wanted a truck more than right now. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
12/5/18 5:54 p.m.

I couldn’t stomach those movies. Talking dogs and one time they played basketball.  

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
12/5/18 6:01 p.m.

Look up "Renault 50 truck", too.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
12/5/18 6:32 p.m.

Somehow I have a strange feeling that Vigo will end up with one of these......laugh

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
12/5/18 7:47 p.m.

I do have some fascination with euro and asian 4wd military and commercial trucks.. mostly because there are nutso youtube video of people racing the wheels off them around dirt courses and through mud bogs. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/5/18 8:15 p.m.

The diamond shaped thingy on the grille made me think Renault, but I didn't know anything past that.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
12/5/18 9:01 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I Googled "Renault-Dodge truck" to find the info because I recognized the Renault badge, too.

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
12/5/18 10:31 p.m.

While on the subject, a guy I used to work with sold his old Toyota to the production company and they used it in this movie. Here is a shot of it in the movie:

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
12/6/18 9:18 a.m.

I read that Wikipedia article.  I now know that a Dodge-based truck made by Renault was sold in Bermuda as a DeSoto, of all things.  Weird.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/6/18 9:24 a.m.

Why are "Treasure" and "Buddies" not written in the same font?

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
12/6/18 9:33 a.m.

Is this somehow still related to Air Bud?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/6/18 9:33 a.m.
JamesMcD said:

Why are "Treasure" and "Buddies" not written in the same font?

I agree that is bad but I also assure you that is the least of what is bad about this movie and its production.  It's a kids movie that probably went straight to DVD.

Yes, part of the $220 Million Air Bud 12 movie Franchise 

However, if you're 4 years old, you think that movies with talking dogs is Da-bomb.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6qASWKTXDCFYdWC61EN0Is4zVAWmiok0nPFkVm7laV5ukNIFRYPsJm6V8qeq5SPR