rcutclif GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/8/15 5:18 p.m.

I think he should be.

19 different cars for sale

One of which:

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
1/8/15 5:36 p.m.

There's a whole bunch of WTF in that collection.

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
1/8/15 5:41 p.m.

I want the Vette...

I'm not getting the first pic, a pseudo MG convertible with sunroof.

If this were in Virginia, I would say the owner was 'fnader' here on the board.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
1/8/15 5:55 p.m.

If the corvette is a Greenwood conversion then it's worth a little bit of money. Not a lot, but a bit. Greenwood also did the super wide C3 race cars of the era and their wagons are supposed to be the best of the bunch. There were at least two other companies that did small batches of C3 wagons. The 70's were a weird time.
I also want it.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/15 5:58 p.m.

I would rock the Fiero/GT40 all day. Yes, I know it's not a real GT40, yes I know it looks odd, yes, I would love the reactions I got.

series8217
series8217 Reader
1/8/15 6:14 p.m.

Is that... is that a Mercedes SL 500 replica body on a Le Baron?

Also I think the pictures are photos of photos on a CRT monitor.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
1/8/15 6:17 p.m.

I think this guy bought EVERY poor quality kit car ever offered. EVER!

I don't know who Tom is, but instead of a "thanks" I thing he deserves a slap upside the head for letting this guy accumulate such crap.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Reader
1/8/15 6:18 p.m.

I'd take either the fake daytona or the crazy canopy thing.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/8/15 7:51 p.m.

I'm with you guys on the Vette wagon. Pretty sure I built a plastic model of one as a kid, too. My Google-fu is failing me on that one, though.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UltraDork
1/8/15 8:02 p.m.

You could burn 90% of that mess. The Ford coupes could be saved and the 56 could be sold off to fund their restyling but the rest.......

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
1/8/15 8:16 p.m.

In reply to Jumper K. Balls:

They're products of their time, calling them nasty is the automotive equivalent of yelling at grandma for being racially insensitive.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UltraDork
1/8/15 8:53 p.m.

In reply to Kenny_McCormic:

But... That doesn't make grandma any less wrong.

And slapping a spider tub on an S10 frame was a bad choice regardless of when it was done.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/8/15 9:15 p.m.

The GT40 doesn't look bad. Any idea what this one is?

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/8/15 9:31 p.m.

Yep, looks like a real Ferrari to me!

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/8/15 10:26 p.m.

Some of those are really cool. Good for him for preserving them. Even gooder if he built them. He says the collection dates back to 1965 which would explain some of the more eccentric ones.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/8/15 10:37 p.m.

The red gullwing is a Cimbria or a Stirling. I had wet dreams about them in 1980 or so.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/9/15 7:48 a.m.

There is some nice stuff there, though most would require a careful inspection before throwing money.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/15 8:05 a.m.
bearmtnmartin wrote: The red gullwing is a Cimbria or a Stirling. I had wet dreams about them in 1980 or so.

Looks like a Stirling, Cimbrias had gullwing doors. Cool looking car, but it's a VW Beetle underneath.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/9/15 8:46 a.m.

At least on the outside the GT40 replica look good to me.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/9/15 9:01 a.m.

The only one I remotely like is the fake Daytona, but that's just because it would give me an excuse to wear a white blazer with pastel t shirts.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/9/15 9:04 a.m.
JFX001 wrote: If this were in Virginia, I would say the owner was 'fnader' here on the board.

No, that is not right. Bill has good taste in cars. Here is his fnader website.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/15 9:46 a.m.

I'd drive any of them. Different is good, even when it's bad.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
1/9/15 1:00 p.m.

i'm shocked and slightly disappointed that no one here posted the pic of the cab over roll back with some variation of "OMG!! this is teh awesome!! this would be so cool to haul my Miata around on!!"..

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/15 1:05 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: i'm shocked and slightly disappointed that no one here posted the pic of the cab over roll back with some variation of "OMG!! this is teh awesome!! this would be so cool to haul my Miata around on!!"..

How many people could see what it was?

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
1/9/15 1:52 p.m.

I could be wrong, but I think this one may be a scam. I wouldn't be able to find it now, but I'm almost sure I saw something just like this, with the ad written nearly identically, on Atlanta CL just a few months back. A lot of different backgrounds in the pictures, and you would think if he has all of them he'd have a picture of two of them together.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
srn7tFpt6s7UWgLgs46QUcgxEu3pRMNhuv9EiyrcY0a2qM0CZyPnIplxSj8vAyYw