1 2 3
Taiden
Taiden SuperDork
2/16/12 7:48 a.m.

How much do s2ks go for now?

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
2/16/12 9:16 a.m.
Taiden wrote: How much do s2ks go for now?

There's a really wide price range. AP1s can be had for less than 10 grand.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/16/12 9:40 a.m.

oh lord... why did I have to hear that an old 5 speed NSX could be had for around the price of a new mini cooper S? I don't want to start my adult life as "that guy" who's $20K in debt with a car some folks would kill for...

e_pie
e_pie Reader
2/16/12 9:49 a.m.
Taiden wrote: How much do s2ks go for now?

You can get a higher mileage AP1 for $8-9k all day.

e_pie
e_pie Reader
2/16/12 9:51 a.m.
Slyp_Dawg wrote: oh lord... why did I have to hear that an old 5 speed NSX could be had for around the price of a new mini cooper S? I don't want to start my adult life as "that guy" who's $20K in debt with a car some folks would kill for...

Yup, it makes it really hard to take new cars seriously cost wise when you can get something like that for that kind of price.

Taiden
Taiden SuperDork
2/16/12 10:31 a.m.

I think it would be pretty hard to beat the one two punch of a WRX wagon and an s2000.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
2/16/12 11:00 a.m.

Damnit Damnit Damnit...

I never, NEVER wanted an NSX before. I hated them. I thought they were just POS Honda's with a V6 mounted in the middle. Never took them seriously.

Now that they're relatively affordable....

I hate you guys SOOOOO much right now...

slinks off to ebay

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
2/16/12 11:23 a.m.
Conquest351 wrote: Damnit Damnit Damnit... I never, NEVER wanted an NSX before. I hated them. I thought they were just POS Honda's with a V6 mounted in the middle. Never took them seriously. Now that they're relatively affordable.... I hate you guys SOOOOO much right now... *slinks off to ebay*

"POS Honda" confuses me. I don't much care for front wheel drive, but Honda has made some damn good cars over the years.

I wish people would stop bringing up how cheap these are too. It's perpetuating my car ADD.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/16/12 11:41 a.m.

prancing horses and nsx's on the same day?

something amazing is happening in the GRM world.

Taiden
Taiden SuperDork
2/16/12 11:47 a.m.
Conquest351 wrote: I never, NEVER wanted an NSX before. I hated them. I thought they were just POS Honda's with a V6 mounted in the middle. Never took them seriously.

Q:

How many cars:

1) have external prop valves
2) uses banjo fittings on all pressurized fuel lines
3) has double wishbone suspension front and rear
4) uses speed density fuel metering from the factory
5) has two selectable camshaft profiles
6) has a billet aluminum fuel rail
7) has (some) billet aluminum motor mounts
8) are modular in respect to parts from much faster production vehicles
9) regularly travel 200k+ miles without much fuss
10) had an MSRP under $14k ($18k later in its life)

Oh wait, every 88-01 Honda Civic (minus #5 on most)

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
2/16/12 11:56 a.m.

I know, I know guys. My Honda comment is seriously the opinion I've had of them forever. Guess it goes back to my Mustang/Domestic Hot Rod roots. FWD always makes me cringe. To be honest, now looking for a car for the daughter, we're all over Honda's for JUST the above mentioned reasons.

Taiden
Taiden SuperDork
2/16/12 11:58 a.m.

FWD is fine, you just have to adjust the nut behind the wheel when coming from RWD.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
2/16/12 12:06 p.m.
Taiden wrote: FWD is fine, you just have to adjust the nut behind the wheel when coming from RWD.

I typed "wrong wheel drive" at first. I went back because that isn't fair at all. I agree that it's fine. On a subjective level though, I don't like how it feels.

Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
2/16/12 12:32 p.m.

I like the NSXa that came with leather Italian Loafers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAwJsOECGBU

AverageH
AverageH New Reader
2/16/12 12:55 p.m.
Taiden wrote: FWD is fine, you just have to adjust the nut behind the wheel when coming from RWD.

Meh, that's subjective too. Fwd is fine for commuting, but Imho, that's about it. Ive owned some of the best fwd cars out there but I still will never go back (1st gen scirrocco, CRX and Mazda6, among others). Yeah I'm a snob and I admit it, but my mind will never change. I could never enjoy it. Ok in the snow though.

-Hamid

mthomson22
mthomson22 Reader
2/16/12 1:09 p.m.

I wonder how hard it would be to install hand controls in a 91 NSX automatic

Dammit.

Anyone want to buy a really nice 88 Conquest TSI SHP?

AverageH
AverageH New Reader
2/16/12 1:38 p.m.
Taiden wrote:
Conquest351 wrote: I never, NEVER wanted an NSX before. I hated them. I thought they were just POS Honda's with a V6 mounted in the middle. Never took them seriously.
Q: How many cars: 1) have external prop valves 2) uses banjo fittings on all pressurized fuel lines 3) has double wishbone suspension front and rear 4) uses speed density fuel metering from the factory 5) has two selectable camshaft profiles 6) has a billet aluminum fuel rail 7) has (some) billet aluminum motor mounts 8) are modular in respect to parts from much faster production vehicles 9) regularly travel 200k+ miles without much fuss 10) had an MSRP under $14k ($18k later in its life) Oh wait, every 88-01 Honda Civic (minus #5 on most)

Interesting..... but they couldn't add a tachometer to the list as standard?

-Hamid

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
2/16/12 1:39 p.m.
mthomson22 wrote: I wonder how hard it would be to install hand controls in a 91 NSX automatic Dammit. Anyone want to buy a really nice 88 Conquest TSI SHP?

Yes, but i doubt i have money for such a beast.

e_pie
e_pie Reader
2/16/12 1:47 p.m.
mthomson22 wrote: I wonder how hard it would be to install hand controls in a 91 NSX automatic Dammit. Anyone want to buy a really nice 88 Conquest TSI SHP?

It's rumored Alex Zanardi had one made after his accident.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/16/12 2:06 p.m.

OK. I'll be the desenting opinion. I've never really been a NSX fan. When they were new the NSX was called the NoSeX because it was sooo boring. Nose styling more like a Mazda, over worked and styled rear and wing that shouted Buick. Interior was all Accord. V6 was very underwhelming for a "supercar". Insurance was sky high because of the aluminum body and structure. It was daily usable because it just a mid engined Accord. There were so many better choices available at the time... and still are.

e_pie
e_pie Reader
2/16/12 2:18 p.m.

Drive one and it will change your mind.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
2/16/12 2:23 p.m.

The NSX is a perfect example of Honda at work. They build a revolutionary, state of the art machine. Then sit on it for 15 years and do nothing. In 1991 the NSX was master of all. By 1998 it was old, slow and overpriced when compared to it's contemporaries. HAd Honda kept up with its development and made it faster, better, etc it would still be selling like hotcakes.

Friggin Honda. They ruin EVERYTHING.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
2/16/12 2:25 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: The NSX is a perfect example of Honda at work. They build a revolutionary, state of the art machine. Then sit on it for 15 years and do nothing. In 1991 the NSX was master of all. By 1998 it was old, slow and overpriced when compared to it's contemporaries. HAd Honda kept up with its development and made it faster, better, etc it would still be selling like hotcakes. Friggin Honda. They ruin EVERYTHING.

Well, if they did to it what they did after the last 15 years of the "good" Civics, i'm glad they didn't try to keep it going, personally.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/16/12 2:26 p.m.

What's the best NSX forum(s)?

e_pie
e_pie Reader
2/16/12 2:34 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: What's the best NSX forum(s)?

www.nsxprime.com

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p82pbJRdiv5wou9CqslGQjiiVoUHcdQtw9d14zqPm6OwvMqMxkpotdERHZvP3yKV