1 2
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/21/11 9:33 a.m.

Jeff, you could probably drive it to the nearest porsche dealer and trade it in and get a really nice 911 AND cash back

Jeff
Jeff Dork
12/21/11 9:52 a.m.

Very true mad, very true.

Damn, now I need $200K so I can put the plan to work.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
12/22/11 3:37 a.m.

Dude needs to stop blaming Ac/DC.

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
12/22/11 3:45 a.m.
Sky_Render wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Sky_Render wrote:
Travis_K wrote: I wouldn't keep it either, those cars seem to mostly be good for showing everyone you are a douche. Like for example that guy that who sold his house and bought one and drove it around the country until he blew the engine from not maintaining it, and many other examples I have seen.
I remember that guy. The engine grenaded after he failed to keep the timing chains tightened, which caused the valves and pistons to have dirty, dirty intercourse.
Yeah, but he actually put a BUTTLOAD of miles on that thing.
Yeah, didn't it go well over 100K miles before dying? I always thought Lambos couldn't take that kind of "abuse."

It might have been more than that, it was for sure less than 150k though. From what I remember he made some rather dumb financial decisions to buy it, and I have a feeling that when it died there had been more than a bit of recommended service skipped. I can think of other cars that I would have chosen to do something like that, but oh well. lol

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
12/23/11 6:28 p.m.

I'd sell it and buy a Miata and make it into one hell of an open-class track car or better, yet, I'd prolly buy a house

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
12/23/11 7:52 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: It would be gone as fast as I could find a buyer. Even though I've been called an shiny happy person I have never been a douche.

Same here. I'd let some poseur drive off in that overpriced pimpwagon, use the $ to pay off a house and then build a whoopass IT car, go do some real racin'.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
12/23/11 8:07 p.m.

the world is full of dumb asses

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte HalfDork
12/23/11 8:15 p.m.

I would want to skid it one time to scare myself, then sell it.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
12/23/11 8:16 p.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: I would want to skid it one time to scare myself, then sell it.

That's what HE said and look where it got him.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte HalfDork
12/23/11 8:40 p.m.

Rookie.

motomoron
motomoron HalfDork
12/26/11 2:04 p.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: He'll eat for a day: "Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day; set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life"
driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
12/26/11 8:21 p.m.

I'd keep it for like a week then sell it and buy a 308 GTS and a 930.

a401cj
a401cj GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/26/11 9:39 p.m.

i would of sold it. you could buy a couple built to the hilt STI's or EVOs, an enclosed trailer, spares, and a souped up luxo barge diesel truck to pull it all for what you'd get...

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/27/11 8:25 a.m.

I would have sold it fast, but I CERTAINLY would have driven it (hard) first.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/27/11 10:06 a.m.
SVreX wrote: I would have sold it fast, but I CERTAINLY would have driven it (hard) first.

Exactly.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7d8sgMCWZ1oAWDQ0iBxlGygcWWk8fCfDqfyxGnRZtogWgpQbyL3nudlLQck27Y3Y