1 2 3
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/10 10:13 p.m.

Thanks to the Society of Automotive Engineers, I'm going to the Mitty for Saturday afternoon and Sunday!

I'm an in-car instructor for SAE seminar C0414, Applied Vehicle Dynamics, and the seminar is running at the BMW Performance Center the Monday - Wednesday immediately following the Mitty. Instead of flying in on Sunday evening, I'm flying Saturday morning and driving down from Greenville SC.

If anyone's got training budget, or money to burn, I think it's $2k well-spent.

SAE Applied Vehicle Dynamics (Link)

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
4/21/10 11:15 p.m.

I guess that if you're driving from the airport, you'll be in a rental? Maybe we need a chalkboard in the GRM tent for the message board community. Our user names (maybe with real names underneath) with what car we're in beside them? Might help us find each other during the weekend.

Or we could just all make sure to hit the Saturday night party and stumble across each other.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/10 11:30 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Or we could just all make sure to hit the Saturday night party and stumble across each other.

i never said i'm going for the racing!

friedgreencorrado
4/21/10 11:59 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

OK, where's the "thumbs up" icon?
Yeah, it's really just a party for me, too. I'm pretty stoked that it was my daughter's idea. Hearing that she wanted to go back to the track (she worked a few SCCA races in timing & scoring as a kid, but the bug never really bit her) and didn't even mind camping out made me a happy guy..even though it raises the hair on the back of my neck that she's still calling it the "Playboy (MX-5 pro series, I guess) race".

She's never talked much about Miatas, I hope with every fiber of my being that she's not thinking of asking the "title sponsor" for a job...

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
4/22/10 4:30 a.m.

Cool! Too bad you're not driving. You could bring me my trailer from Indy :-)

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/22/10 7:25 a.m.

I will definitely be there. It would be good to see you again Angry!

My name is Bradley, my forum name is Maroon, and I will be there in the "GRM FORUMS ASPIRE8"

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
4/22/10 7:36 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Maybe we need a chalkboard in the GRM tent for the message board community. Our user names (maybe with real names underneath) with what car we're in beside them? Might help us find each other during the weekend.

That would be awesome . . .

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/22/10 8:16 a.m.

so, anyone have a few extra feet of space in their camping spot? I don't even need to be in the tent, I will bring blankets. lol.

Buying my 3 day pass today!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin PowerDork
4/22/10 9:08 a.m.

Oh Lord.....hide the women, children and livestock!

Glad you can make it Angry! This year's Mitty is going to rock!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
4/22/10 9:10 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: so, anyone have a few extra feet of space in their camping spot? I don't even need to be in the tent, I will bring blankets. lol. Buying my 3 day pass today!

The camping pass covers the car, not the space. Once you've made it to the infield, you're good to pretty much drop your tent where you like. (Assuming of course it's not in a road.)

In other words, don't mooch space from a buddy, become his neighbor.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
4/22/10 9:11 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

Awesome to hear that your master plan worked out!

oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
4/22/10 9:46 a.m.

Everyone, the local weather forecast calls for rain with the possibility of strong to heavy thunderstorms Saturday afternoon/evening, diminishing chances for the same on Sunday. Bring tarps and stake them down before you start having too much fun!

Wish I could be there.......

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
4/22/10 9:53 a.m.

haha, never fails. Whenever i go to Road Atlanta, it seems to rain. Oh well, see you guys there!

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/22/10 10:48 a.m.

Thanks for the clarification Tom. I will be heading up Friday after work, and not leaving until Sunday! sounds like a blast, hope to see some of you there!

oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
4/22/10 11:28 a.m.

WAIT just minute! False alarm, at least for now.......... The Mitty is the weekend after this one.

However, this is spring in Georgia and we have a weather-pattern history; we're likely to get the same stuff on subsequent weekends.

So, be prepared.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
4/22/10 11:45 a.m.

i will bring my swim trunks, polar coat, tire chains, sun block and poncho, getting ready for all seasons Georgia might throw at me next weekend...

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/22/10 11:47 a.m.
oldsaw wrote: WAIT just minute! False alarm, at least for now.......... The Mitty is the weekend after this one. However, this is spring in Georgia and we have a weather-pattern history; we're likely to get the same stuff on subsequent weekends. So, be prepared.

Dude. Death, Taxes, Rain at the Mitty. All three are inevitable.

Angrydude: Wayniac is bringing a monster of a tent. There might be room for you to rock your crying self to sleep in a corner. Bring your but...er...ear plugs.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
4/22/10 11:50 a.m.

I'm so jealous.

gjz30075
gjz30075 HalfDork
4/22/10 2:13 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: WAIT just minute! False alarm, at least for now.......... The Mitty is the weekend after this one.

10 day forcast calls for 60% chance of rain on Sat, May 1, Ugghh!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
4/22/10 2:23 p.m.

As long as everybody brings their poncho/rain gear, nobody will need it. Make murphy's law work for you.

Seriously, it's way to early to freak about the weather.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
4/22/10 3:26 p.m.

It rained last year and we STILL had a blast. Rain gear packed and ready. I may bring the wheeled cart with a cooler attached to it for beverages on wheels

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
4/22/10 3:43 p.m.

hey it was great last year what rain saturday night party turn 6

friedgreencorrado
4/22/10 6:44 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote:
maroon92 wrote: so, anyone have a few extra feet of space in their camping spot? I don't even need to be in the tent, I will bring blankets. lol. Buying my 3 day pass today!
The camping pass covers the car, not the space. Once you've made it to the infield, you're good to pretty much drop your tent where you like. (Assuming of course it's not in a road.) In other words, don't mooch space from a buddy, become his neighbor.

x2. Rd.A tags the car, not the tent. Once you're on the property, it's all good.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
4/22/10 7:13 p.m.

Angry I am looking at an RV this week, it may make the trek, plenty of room for your narrow arse, also has an awning, will advise if I get it......

The painted section is pink so I think you should be able to spot it.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/23/10 12:18 p.m.

so...where is everyone camping?

Looks like I will be showing up Thursday morning...staying until Sunday night.

Should be a fun time!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Oke0xCdpslA5XtvaE2DgkIxTYufniL8XAFd1uZYVGJgmFu4dEv7mv8mcyP40usHM