1 2 3 4
16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
8/12/10 3:22 p.m.

Wal-mart also refused to sell a friend of mine a set of tires for his S10 because his steering column had the typical early-90's GM steering column play. They told him that his truck was unsafe. He told them that it would be a hell of a lot safer if it didn't have totally bald tires.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/12/10 3:46 p.m.
mistanfo wrote: Walmart may have a great policy concerning the application of lug nuts, but they refused to properly air up a trailer tire for me last year, even after I showed them ON THE SIDEWALL of the tire they had just installed that the max pressure was 60+ psi. They would not put more than 35 psi into the tire. So, I paid, drove to a nearby gas station and filled the tire the rest of the way.

Most of the tire stores around here are like that especially the national companies. The local companies are better for the most part. Kind of irritating when you run 80 in your truck tires. That's your risk management people for you again.

zomby woof
zomby woof Dork
8/12/10 5:38 p.m.

My friend just bought an 08 Dodge truck from a Chrysler dealer. He asked if they could swap the white lettering to the inside, because it looked a little beat up, and he prefers blackwall tires. No problem, he said. They called him back a few hours later and said, it's not possible, they're directional tires. My buddy (ex tire guy) explained it to him. They still wouldn't do it.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
8/12/10 5:47 p.m.
Ian_F wrote:
wbjones wrote: try this one... it's worked well for me for several yrs
I have this one as well. After some initial pains - it seemed to take a few uses to 'break in' and reach full power - it has proved surprisingly powerful and holds a charge well.

plus it comes with an extra battery

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rm9EJGSaYbKvD5ihfmce4jdgIfUqOTAdIVdlt5ZB0PbiqUlMF1qk5wiSNAao3Izw