imgon
imgon HalfDork
3/24/22 4:19 p.m.

I am running RX 8 fuel injectors in a RX 7 with an S5 engine. This swap took place three years ago and for the most part has been trouble free. After sitting over the winter the seals apparently would shrink just a little as I had intermittent fuel leaks the past two springs. I lost or failed to keep notes on which seals that were originally purchased, DOH! I had the engine rebuilt over this winter and went to install the lower set of injectors and they have a visible gap between the edge of the seal and the pocket they sit in. When clamped down they can wiggle at the bottom, easily. Forgetting what parts I was dealing with, I ordered a set of injector seals for an RX7. They fit in the pocket perfectly but the inside diameter is too big for the RX8 injector.  I would like to check and make sure I the RX8 seals will be the correct O.D. My existing RX8 seal has an O.D. of 13mm and the new RX7 one is 14mm, that would explain the leak. Does anyone know where I can find dimensional information based on a manufacturer's part number. Checking the various places I can buy them yields no useful data. Or maybe there is a "Seals R Us" place you can order by size and material as opposed to by vehicle? Thanks

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/22 4:52 p.m.

Injector-rehab.com has a pretty useful website for this kind of thing.

imgon
imgon HalfDork
3/24/22 5:07 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Were you able to find dimensional info on their site. It seems great for injector performace specs but I could find no physical measurements for the injectors, seals or grommets, maybe I didn't look in the correct place.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/22 5:12 p.m.

This was just the part I was looking at most recently. I agree they don't have a great "search by dimension", but they do list the dimensions at least.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U5FHYI5k2VgHo6Zx8JuGGOtWnGzuwTNh2ALmj9qc7IcqFKNZ6elBeQi45Q0TeY6M