1 2 3
Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
7/30/12 7:54 p.m.

I'm digging gloss gray.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
7/30/12 9:12 p.m.
Josh wrote: I also think either one of these two blues from the MINI palette would be great. Oxygen Blue:

YUP YUP YUP. That's exactly the color I was talking about in my post above. Black rivet flares, black splitter, and black lip spoiler, with bronze or gunmetal 6ULs. Or maybe those Watanabe Minilite knockoffs with the dark spokes.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/30/12 9:36 p.m.

Dyintorace's orange one looked great:

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
7/30/12 9:40 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

I've been waiting for the Mumpkin to show up!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/30/12 9:45 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Dyintorace's orange one looked great:

especially considering that it was painted the morning of registration

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
7/31/12 10:59 a.m.

You're all wrong! The best Miata color ever is Montego Blue Mica! (Cue Looney Tunes cricket noises)

Yeah, OK, not so much. Does make the car a conversation piece, though. Unfortunately, the conversation is always the same: "What color is that car?" "Well in certain light, its blue, direct sunlight, its green and when its dark out, black."

EDIT: Unknown picture fail. But I'm sure you've seen them.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
7/31/12 12:03 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: You're all wrong! The best Miata color ever is Montego Blue Mica! (Cue Looney Tunes cricket noises) Yeah, OK, not so much. Does make the car a conversation piece, though. Unfortunately, the conversation is always the same: "What color is that car?" "Well in certain light, its blue, direct sunlight, its green and when its dark out, black." EDIT: Unknown picture fail. But I'm sure you've seen them.

The Manic Miata is Montego Blue. Not a bad color, but it deserves something more... manic.

The story I've heard is the clearcoat on these yellows, which is why they have a greenish cast in bright light.

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
7/31/12 12:12 p.m.

The story I've heard is the clearcoat on these yellows, which is why they have a greenish cast in bright light.

Actually, I think the paint is supposed to do that. miata.net has a writeup on "M Editions" in their garage section that contains the original add for the 1994 M Edition. It talks about how the color changes "like the deep hues of the caribbean ocean" from blue to green to black. Its really overdone and stupid, but does lend to the conclusion they did the color change stuff on purpose. Also, I recently did a repaint on mine and it still color changes even with brand new Dupont clear on it.

RossD
RossD UltraDork
7/31/12 2:35 p.m.
belteshazzar wrote: paint the nose black. put a red circle on the door. add some fake rivets with a small paintbrush. get vanity plates that say ZERO.

Like this?:

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
7/31/12 2:43 p.m.

I love the old two tone Lotus Elan look on NA Miata's. These are some I've saved over the years

And my favorite of all, Gold leaf team lotus.

alex
alex UltraDork
7/31/12 2:45 p.m.

This one...

EvanB wrote:

...running an OD hard top = my favorite Miata.

This guy used to be on the boards, and his car was for sale a few years ago. Wonder what happened to it.

imirk
imirk HalfDork
7/31/12 3:19 p.m.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/31/12 3:24 p.m.
alex wrote: ...running an OD hard top = my favorite Miata. This guy used to be on the boards, and his car was for sale a few years ago. Wonder what happened to it.

I haven't seen the car or owner on any forums for awhile, he used to be active on clubroadster.net but that was before it went way downhill and I stopped checking it often.

Last I heard he was working as a chef in Vegas and wanted to get a more "grown up" car.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1cYDBMzaaSu8unjto3FIZ8B78FywKvEJYKbqPq880ydkabJaFocwm3eiEdK5VsDw