Sunoco Fuels
Sunoco Fuels
8/29/24 12:10 p.m.

The science says that E85 produces more power than straight gasoline. And then reality reminds us that not every car is tailored for that highly oxygenated fuel. Does a middle ground exist?

Maybe. Zachary J. Santner, manager of Product Engineering and Business Optimization at Sunoco Performance Products, offers a possible solution: E30, meaning a fuel mixture containing 30% ethanol. …

Read the rest of the story

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
8/29/24 1:00 p.m.

We could run e40 in the explorer but don't because of reasons like having to calculate out a good e40 mix. Then there is fords better idea for ECU programming plus its DI... I'd rather just add in some vp ms109 or like gas...

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/29/24 1:28 p.m.

I run this mix in my JDM car that is tuned for 100 ron. The first few tanks were a little rough as the corn juice is a great fuel system cleaner. New filter and plugs after running a few tanks through it and it is happy as can be. My local vender has been about 70% mix for their E85 for all of the tanks I've tested so I quit testing and just use that for my math. 

Will
Will UberDork
8/30/24 2:25 p.m.

I know I'm not the only one who saw this and thought "But that's an E46, not an E30."

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SS8TaQcH2b4Gm4TsfvDrjGYQ40YtBNTS3AfKOgYAwg88ce46JQOEISBqo8moBIcj