1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Kendall Frederick
Kendall Frederick GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/23/23 7:55 p.m.

In reply to JThw8 :

I can't believe I'm saying this but that Asstek looks pretty cool.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/23/23 8:11 p.m.
racerfink said:

Juke

I came here to say this. Every other car here at least hd sone redeeming value. This does not. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
7/23/23 8:17 p.m.

BiTurbo definitely has fans.

I know a woman who loved her Nissan Juke and when it was totalled in an accident demanded the exact same car as a replacement.  She's also, uh, mentally creative at times, so grain of salt with this one.

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/23/23 8:26 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:
L5wolvesf said:
WillG80 said:

Aztec?

Yes. They should have been thrown in a dumpster.

If y'all are gonna bad mouth GMs most revolutionary vehicle in decades at least spell it the wrong way like GM did. I like the Pontiac Aztek, it was ahead of its time and has aged gracefully compared to just about every other GM product from the Bush administration. I'd argue it was the first crossover and better looking than 80% of the SUV/CUVs on the road today. 

(Possibly) unpopular opinion - mint condition Azteks, especially with the goofy hatch tent thing intact, will be worth real money someday to the next generation of hipsters. Peak early-aughts GM goofiness, plus the Breaking Bad tie in, makes them weirdly iconic in a way. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/23/23 8:29 p.m.
pres589 (djronnebaum) said:

I know a woman who loved her Nissan Juke and when it was totalled in an accident demanded the exact same car as a replacement.  She's also, uh, mentally creative at times, so grain of salt with this one.

I mean you'd have to be to live a juke. 

bi-turbos at least have an appealing aesthetic to them. Sure everything mechanical and electrical has to be replaced to actually drive it but hey...

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Dork
7/23/23 8:39 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:
L5wolvesf said:
WillG80 said:

Aztec?

If y'all are gonna bad mouth GMs most revolutionary vehicle in decades at least spell it the wrong way like GM did. I like the Pontiac Aztek, 

You're right - dumbzter

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/23/23 11:45 p.m.
JThw8 said:
SV reX said:

Friends don't let friends drive Versas. 

I was going to make some comment about how I can usually find something redeeming with almost any car but yes, Versas, no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Azteks however, there's potential there 

Sheet metal aside, there's very little Aztec left in that thing.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/24/23 12:02 a.m.
racerfink said:

Juke

Sorry, roll again. I spent a lot of time at the bottom of that rabbit hole, and I still turn and watch them when they drive by. The biggest problem for me was how the SCCA saw them for Solo2. Nissan had some bizarre claims on their site that suggested both that the NISMO RS was lowered and that it had the same overall height and ground clearance as the base model. The numbers added up to be just slightly on the wrong side of the stability rule.

L5wolvesf said:
RacetruckRon said:
L5wolvesf said:
WillG80 said:

Aztec?

If y'all are gonna bad mouth GMs most revolutionary vehicle in decades at least spell it the wrong way like GM did. I like the Pontiac Aztek, 

You're right - dumbzter

I know, just about everyone makes fun of the Aztek. And, yet, I know someone who just loves their Aztek, and searched far and wide to find another to replace their old one. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/23 7:20 a.m.
pres589 (djronnebaum) said:

Ford: makes a 190hp 1.6l Fiesta

Also Ford: makes a turbo AWD hatchback with an overdriving, torque vectoring rear diff

People: "Why not both?"

Nissan:  "Guys, I've been selling the Juke like that for a decade already"

Seriously, look at the specs on the Juke.  It's mind-boggling that Nissan made it, made it so cheap, advertised it so poorly, and didn't put that drivetrain in a Versa.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/23 7:27 a.m.
Appleseed said:
JThw8 said:
SV reX said:

Friends don't let friends drive Versas. 

I was going to make some comment about how I can usually find something redeeming with almost any car but yes, Versas, no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Azteks however, there's potential there 

Sheet metal aside, there's very little Aztec left in that thing.

The sheet metal is the only thing that made an Aztek an Aztek.  It was a dustbuster minivan.  Mechanically it was a Lumina APV/Montana/Rendezvous/ten other brand-generated vehicles.  It was amusing to open the hood and see the core support about a foot down from the hood opening, because that's where it was on the old dustbusters.

This meant, technically, these were directly related to the Citation smiley

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/23 7:38 a.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

In reply to stan :

The F10/210 is one of the few cars that has never run in LeMons, per last year or so.

We took IOE with a 210. 

20200822_101351_HDR.jpg

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/24/23 7:59 a.m.

I'm going to go with the Dodge Stratus.

The one we had was so bad at 70K miles, It needed all the accessories replaced, both hubs, and would just randomly die. It left the fleet when it died on me on the interstate at 80. Almost got rear ended and barely made it to the shoulder. 

Can't see too much love for that thing. 

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/24/23 8:05 a.m.

Fiat Multipla

or the Dodge Caliber.

I rented one of those Dodges in automatic trim once.  It was single handedly the ugliest guttless piece of junk I've ever had the displeasure of driving.  (and my first car was a 2.8-V6 powered Automatic Cimarron so that's saying something.)

calteg
calteg SuperDork
7/24/23 8:44 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

The Caliber was pretty bad, but at least they made an SRT version, which was less so...

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/24/23 8:53 a.m.

I obviously can't speak for everyone (and forgive me if it was mentioned already), but one car I feel like most people generally agree has no redeeming qualities is the Chrysler TC by Maserati.

And I also stand by the Juke. It was funky, and I like funky. The only big drawback for me at the time was that the auto option was a CVT. I know, I could have gotten the manual, but I prefer my daily drivers to be as easy to drive as possible.

90BuickCentury
90BuickCentury Reader
7/24/23 9:28 a.m.

Another vote for Murano convertible. The white ones look like rolling walk-in bathtubs to me. 

I hated the Aztek when it first came out, but now, I've actually thought about buying one. At least they look distinct, unlike all the blobby CUVs out there now.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/24/23 9:39 a.m.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/24/23 9:48 a.m.

Daewoo anything is pretty high up there

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
7/24/23 10:22 a.m.
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) said:

Fiat Multipla

Cringe.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve HalfDork
7/24/23 10:30 a.m.

I liked the Juke NISMO and looked for one for a daily for a while.

Anytime someone asks if there's someone out there who likes anything, I always say yes because surely there's one person out of the 10 billion out there who likes whatever the question is about. However, I bet the number of people who really love the Bustleback Sevilles is vanishingly small. An example with the LF9 diesel is just about the worst car I can possibly imagine.

Like a dog pooping on the lawn.

Runner up is anything else powered by the Oldsmobile 350 Deisel.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Dork
7/24/23 10:50 a.m.
Crxpilot said:

Plymouth Volares were universally terrible.  2nd gen Intrepids?  Besides fleets, who bought Intrepids?

There is an entire community based around keeping Intrepids as OEM as possible. They are easy to hate but the absolutely eat highway miles smoothly, I still greatly enjoy mine, and it is capable of holding it's own in some motorsports activities.

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/24/23 10:59 a.m.

My Dad's 1984 Dodge Omni was the biggest heap I've ever seen in my life, and I always though it would be impossible for anyone to like them.  Until I joined the GRM forum.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/24/23 11:09 a.m.
Trent said:
Peabody said:
Duke said:

Second-gen AMC Matador.

Once again, we agree. One of the ugliest and most grossly out of proportion cars ever built. 

Why has the Altima not been mentioned yet?

The Matador coupe is almost cute compared to the Matador sedan

That thing has zero redeeming features 

Except that it's actually car shaped, has normal proportions, and is a functional sedan.  It's dull, yes, but it's not actively hideous.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/24/23 11:12 a.m.

Potentially interesting, potentially tedious Intrepid facts: the LH platform they were built on was an evolution of the outgoing Eagle (previously AMC) Premier, developed with Renault around existing Renault underpinnings, which was kind of what AMC did at the time.  And anything with orphan AMC/Renault lineage is probably loved by someone, somewhere.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cCH8dYA5L56Of0GOYfiwWB3Fm7M1Vu1YvcOU3JC8V5ey2MIngEQ2VIxyvEus6TCh