pimpm3 Dork
3/26/17 8:22 p.m.

Porsche 917 replica...

My poor eyes...

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/26/17 8:29 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

I bet you and a few more GRMers and a free Thursday night could totally transform that car.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/26/17 8:33 p.m.

Yep. That there is some serious bit of ugliness.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
3/26/17 8:37 p.m.

I totally thought it was a 917...

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/26/17 8:50 p.m.

Needs a chrome chain link steering wheel, some neon underbody & interior mood lighting, and a few gold plated stick-on trim pieces on the outside. Other than that it's perfect.

It's no 917 though.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/26/17 8:52 p.m.

The wheels are the worst part of it. And a lot of it is bad.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/26/17 9:03 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: The wheels are the worst part of it. And a lot of it is bad.

Gotta offset all that carbon fiber, yo.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
3/26/17 9:19 p.m.

Gonna need this!

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
3/26/17 9:22 p.m.

There are redeemable parts, like the cockpit shape... the rest is just hideous. Wtf happened to the back end???

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
3/26/17 9:25 p.m.

Hasn't this freakshow been on here before?

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
3/26/17 9:28 p.m.

I see wheels like that all the time. I can't for the life of me figure what type of person can in any way shape or form think they actually look good. On anything. Ever.

For that matter I can't for the life of me figure out how that wheel ever made it from concept to an actual product.

Bunch of blind tasteless berkeleyers.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/26/17 9:28 p.m.

Is it a laser? Seems to me there was another laser groan thread a while back.

Just remember that in 1985 this would have been pretty sweet. And a Pinto would have been laughed at. How perceptions change.

VW power by the way usually.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
3/26/17 9:40 p.m.

Looks like a lazer. Also looks like it's missing the headlight covers

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
3/26/17 9:59 p.m.

Yup, outside of the wheels that car is pretty much straight from the early 80s kit car scene.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
3/26/17 10:05 p.m.

Chameleon paint? of course. What else would it have?

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
3/26/17 10:12 p.m.

"let me know if you like more pictures or questions"

NnnnnnnnOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo

Burrito
Burrito Dork
3/26/17 10:48 p.m.

"Motivated seller" aka "The longterm effects of vomiting uncontrollably every time I go into the garage are starting to catch up with me".

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
3/26/17 11:04 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: I see wheels like that all the time. I can't for the life of me figure what type of person can in any way shape or form think they actually look good. On anything. Ever. For that matter I can't for the life of me figure out how that wheel ever made it from concept to an actual product. Bunch of blind tasteless berkeleyers.

You're looking at this from the wrong angle. They aren't for looking good, they're for looking expensive. They're a status symbol, the urban version of a 3/4 ton diesel truck with giant tires on it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/27/17 12:41 a.m.

That thing would get a bass boat chunky metal flake paint job and a EH-EH-EH buzzer for a horn and relive my carnival ride fantasies from my youth.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
3/27/17 5:02 a.m.

The ad said 1$. I'd totally drive that for a dollar.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
3/27/17 6:22 a.m.

"May consider partial trades."

I guess I maybe could use the muffler....wonder what he would want in trade for a muffler.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/27/17 7:03 a.m.

I love the no mention of what engine is in it. Has to be a Vdub.

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
3/27/17 7:09 a.m.

Good God. That is upsetting.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
3/27/17 7:17 a.m.
BrokenYugo wrote:
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: I see wheels like that all the time. I can't for the life of me figure what type of person can in any way shape or form think they actually look good. On anything. Ever. For that matter I can't for the life of me figure out how that wheel ever made it from concept to an actual product. Bunch of blind tasteless berkeleyers.
You're looking at this from the wrong angle. They aren't for looking good, they're for looking expensive. They're a status symbol, the urban version of a 3/4 ton diesel truck with giant tires on it.

Because nothing says "I'm rich beotch" like ugly ass wheels on a $1500 Buick.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
3/27/17 7:44 a.m.

It could be worse.......
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=M2kJOBTC&id=FF3CAE28571F6221B6E918E6881C9D272F553CE7&q=lazer+917&simid=608015749587470539&selectedIndex=30&ajaxhist=0

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QZXb1gYmRRinNuTRrMM53AIoXEkaqKzFo2cTPQsBoNZBVOXGsjOhCoy98gYBdNxE