DasAuto
DasAuto GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/24 10:31 a.m.

In reply to Ranger50 :

Oof, what an injury and recovery process. crying

johndej
johndej UltraDork
6/30/24 10:43 a.m.

Oh man that's rough to hear as they made it sound fairly promising earlier on. We had my FIL dealing with that TBI (shot in head) 3 years ago and coming out of being sedated as a raging bull is right. His shoulder is still messed up from dislocation and rotator cuff damage trying to break out of the straps everytime they started waking him up. Best wishes in getting back to as full capabilities as he can.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/24 11:27 a.m.

sad

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
6/30/24 3:31 p.m.

Perhaps one of the moderators could change the title of this thread...initial reports said he was okay so that's what I posted, but obviously that's not the case. 

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/30/24 11:05 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

Perhaps one of the moderators could change the title of this thread...initial reports said he was okay so that's what I posted, but obviously that's not the case. 

At least correct your original post maybe.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
7/5/24 9:19 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/5/24 9:21 p.m.

Excellent news.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/6/24 6:09 a.m.

Very good news.

berkeleying Legend.

brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/6/24 10:29 a.m.

I'm glad he's recovering; John is an old family friend, though I haven't seen him in nearly 30 years. That said, it seems fairly likely that that was his last pass in a funny car. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
7/7/24 8:17 p.m.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/7/24 8:53 p.m.

Hell yeah!

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
7/9/24 6:46 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/24 6:51 p.m.

The good news is, if they are letting him on an airplane, he's in not that bad of a shape brain-wise.  The pressure changes can really play hell with injured brain.

...unless a stable cabin pressure is one of the features of an airmed ambulance.  

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/23/24 11:16 p.m.

Drag racing icon John Force is heading home, one month after he suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) in a high-speed crash at the NHRA Virginia Nationals in late June.

John Force Racing announced that Force "finally gets to sleep in his own bed" after being discharged from Barrow Neurological Institute, a neurological rehabilitation center in Phoenix, where he was transferred to earlier this month to treat cognitive and behavioral symptoms from his TBI.

"Peace out Phoenix! After 30 days my dad is finally heading home where we will continue outpatient therapy," his daughter, fellow NHRA Funny Car driver Brittany Force, shared in an update on Instagram on Tuesday. "These next steps to recovery will definitely be a family effort!"

John Force's team said the next phase of his recovery involves "outpatient speech, and OTPT (Occupational and Physical Therapy) to address lingering short-term memory and cognitive issues."

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/24/24 3:44 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

Just what he needs, help with speech. The man talks 100mph as is.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
7/24/24 4:19 a.m.

John is retiring per his daughter.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
7/24/24 5:09 a.m.

Yeah, you saw that coming.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
7/24/24 11:16 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to stuart in mn :

Just what he needs, help with speech. The man talks 100mph as is.

Looking back at some of his past recent interviews, I think it's normal for him because I feel he has dementia starting anyways.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AImBgu9e7EAz106Y4uHZcaMgywxZvIpiZBp2mIccqAX0a3K1FJmq9zwLPFmkc2LL