1 2
tuna55
tuna55 Dork
11/15/10 11:53 a.m.

He started as GRM, people, trust me.

Anyone not familiar can pass this by.

John Force is amazing. What a team, what a driver and what a season.

NGTD
NGTD HalfDork
11/15/10 11:55 a.m.

I haven't watched a drag race in years, but I used to love watching Mr. Force. He is always jacked up and talking a million mph!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/15/10 12:48 p.m.

15th Title in funny car!!!! Love him or hate him he has been great for the sport.

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
11/15/10 2:09 p.m.

maddabe
maddabe New Reader
11/15/10 2:27 p.m.

He may be one of the biggest loud mouths in motorsport but boy howdy he can sure make pretty girls.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/15/10 2:33 p.m.

Got to meet him a few years ago @ the gator nats. Extremely cool dude. BS'd with him for about 5min about racing while waiting for his younger two girls to stage their super comp (I think) cars. You should see his face when the lights start to drop even when just watching. Amazing concentration.

mndsm
mndsm Dork
11/15/10 2:37 p.m.

I've always liked John Force. He comes across as one of those guys that's genuinely INTO motorsport, and would do it if there was a check from Castrol or not. Plus yeah.. the daughters, I'd not kick them out of bed for eating crackers.

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox Reader
11/15/10 2:40 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

I'd consider kicking out the one on the left. Take away the hair and makeup and you have a young John Force.

maddabe
maddabe New Reader
11/15/10 2:43 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I'd not kick them out of bed for eating crackers.

Ha! other than myself, you are only the second person I've ever heard say that. Kudos my friend.

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
11/15/10 3:19 p.m.

http://www.nhra.net/2002/news/December/122301.html

That's the kind of story that makes me a fan

triumph5
triumph5 HalfDork
11/15/10 3:31 p.m.

And he's doing this at 61 years old!!! Gives lots of smiles to those of us who are getting a little long in the tooth. And tuna55 is right, he started out towing it around with a wagon and sleeping in it, getting used parts....

He, personally, is in a large part responsible for the success of the support. Yes, he's got a mouth--but that mouth has attracted the coverage over the year, and helped with the TV deals, and other posters are right: he is genuine. If he didn't enjoy doing it, he would have walked away after Texas two years ago.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
11/15/10 5:16 p.m.

More championships then Earnhardt and Petty COMBINED.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
11/15/10 5:43 p.m.

Without Force, the NHRA would have NO personality at all.

“I Saw Elvis at 1000 Feet.”

“I actually felt kind of bad for him, because I've been there.”

“You win with heart.”

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
11/15/10 7:00 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Without Force, the NHRA would have NO personality at all. “I Saw Elvis at 1000 Feet.” “I actually felt kind of bad for him, because I've been there.” “You win with heart.”

And I think the number of times he has said "upside down and on fire" has only been eclipsed by the number of times that he's actually been upside down and on fire.

And hiring Coil like he did was a stroke of genius and the biggest bet I've seen someone win.

924guy
924guy Dork
11/15/10 7:56 p.m.
And I think the number of times he has said "upside down and on fire" has only been eclipsed by the number of times that he's actually been upside down and on fire.

John Force is the racing worlds version of Chuck Norris...

wbjones
wbjones Dork
11/15/10 8:00 p.m.

Force is the only reason I ever have for watching drag racing... it's racing and all that ... other than Force, I just don't care very much

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy HalfDork
11/15/10 8:05 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4zjhvXDkeg

Last replay you can see his legs flailing around. If I was 57 and survived that, I'd be retired the next day. I've always been a bit of a Bob Costas, though.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/15/10 8:06 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Plus yeah.. the daughters, I'd not kick them out of bed for eating crackers.

I'd kick ANYONE out of my bed for eating crackers. There are few things worse than crunchy-crumbs in the bed.

shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
11/15/10 8:44 p.m.
Otto_Maddox wrote: In reply to mndsm: I'd consider kicking out the one on the left. Take away the hair and makeup and you have a young John Force.

Uhhhhhhhhhh, don't know how you got that.

You'd have a fresh-faced hottie with short hair.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
11/15/10 8:50 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote:
mndsm wrote: Plus yeah.. the daughters, I'd not kick them out of bed for eating crackers.
I'd kick ANYONE out of my bed for eating crackers. There are few things worse than crunchy-crumbs in the bed.

I'd only kick them out if the dog's name was Crackers.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/15/10 9:10 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote:
m4ff3w wrote:
I'd only kick them out if the dog's name was Crackers.

+eleventybillion

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
11/15/10 9:48 p.m.

He never struck me as a motormouth , more like a guy that really,really,REALLY enjoys what he does. When you come from that kind of background you have to be the happiest kid in Santaland

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/16/10 12:22 a.m.

Many moons ago we met him in a hotel near where he was making an appearance. My friend recognized him in the hotel bar and we went for an autograph. He started talking and telling stories to everyone in the place like he knew us for years. in the end we forgot to get the autographs but had too much fun to care.

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
11/16/10 6:20 a.m.

In reply to tuna55:

That last race was spectacular. Both how he won it and that Dixon also won! It's been a long time since I've seen a road race that was that exciting. Force is the man.

used to have an 81gtv6
used to have an 81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/16/10 11:06 a.m.

In reply to Wally:

Very cool. It is really nice when someone does not fall on their face when you meet them in person.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xmLllbNJ97TkjQrlXg52NJzexkR7mmpMtUDMXH0tVxfr0e6MqAxdlyJFXcPcZ55g