1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
4/16/23 10:15 p.m.

In reply to Opti :

If you come to Missouri, you have earned a guest spot on the show! That is 2 instances of excellent activities while listening. One more and I am required by podcast law to send you merch. I guess I should make some...

Opti
Opti SuperDork
4/17/23 6:09 a.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

Well considering yall already hit the Impala SS, and the other LT1 powered cars seem too obvious its unlikely to happen again since it's about all I work on nowadays. My only other chance is a gmt400, or if yall get weirdly into late model pedestrian mom mobile mopars

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
4/17/23 1:51 p.m.
Opti said:

...or if yall get weirdly into late model pedestrian mom mobile mopars

Given that Psteav is a mopar weirdo, I could see us, at some point, getting weirdly into pedestrian mom mobile mopars.  No promises.

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/18/23 10:08 a.m.
ClemSparks said:
Opti said:

...or if yall get weirdly into late model pedestrian mom mobile mopars

Given that Psteav is a mopar weirdo, I could see us, at some point, getting weirdly into pedestrian mom mobile mopars.  No promises.

I am in fact looking to replace my truck with a Pentastar minivan, which I presume would qualify.    You need to get down here and get on the podcast before Big Threadlocker shuts us down for good.

Opti
Opti SuperDork
4/18/23 2:23 p.m.

In reply to psteav (Forum Supporter) :

I'm not trying to get on the bad side of Big Threadlocker. Disclaimer: I've always been a large proponent of Big Threadlocker. I vehemently oppose the accusation that cross threads are more effective than threadlocker.

Wifey got a pentastar but it's in Jeep Grand Cherokee wrapper.  It's a perfectly blah appliance. The seats have ass coolers though, which is nice.

malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/18/23 11:33 p.m.

In reply to Opti :

Mechanical loctite is what I call cross-threading

Slinds99
Slinds99 New Reader
4/21/23 2:08 a.m.

Just started listening on my commute to/from work. Big fan. I lived in youngstown for 14 years and used to explore abandoned buildings. I actually found and still have some of the youngstown/cafaro Avanti blueprints stashed away. I sold 20? of them about 5 years ago to a guy in Florida, but I kept the doubles and some of the larger copies. Nothing super cool, just random parts, but cars and drafting are my thing so I had to keep something. I still have the photos from the listing, I'll upload some pics this weekend. 

chandler
chandler MegaDork
4/21/23 7:44 a.m.

There is a shrine to Cafaro in one of the malls there, it has a footnote about but doesn't name the Avanti 

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
4/30/23 8:33 p.m.

Our most recent episode dropped today...episode 11.

Give it a listen and tell us what you think...thanks!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/1/23 8:10 a.m.

I had y'all along with me this morning for an hour long drive. Thanks.

In the last 15 minutes of my drive the 2 lame road slows from 55 to 35 for less than 1 mile. While going through the blip of a town, parked at the front door of the only auto repair shop in the town, was a PTGT.

Unexpected!

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
5/6/23 6:44 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Whoa!

Things I didn't know would excite me (or that they even existed) until it came up in some podcast, lol.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
5/6/23 8:39 p.m.

As I was listening to the segment about PTGTs, I thought about my uncle, who had matching manual transmission silver PT Cruiser GT convertibles for himself and my aunt when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure it was the first convertible I rode in haha, I remember thinking they were pretty cool. Maybe that's why I have a soft spot for them today, they seem decently fun if you don't care what other people think

psteav (Forum Supporter)
6/1/23 9:51 a.m.

New episode is up!  Just a couple of days late, since Jordan was at something called "The Challenge"?  IDK, never heard of it, really seems shrouded in mystery and he won't talk about it.

This one's a good one.  We discuss the least likely places to build a car, the unholy influence of a certain Englishman on basically every sports car built in the 70s and 80s, and so on.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/2100717/12957616-lotus-was-involved

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
6/12/23 7:47 a.m.

The latest episode has dropped!  We're deep enough into our catalog now I can't even remember what number this episode is.  Solidly double digits, anyway, lol.

Have a listen and let us know what you think.

Thanks and...

Stay Fresh, Cheese Bags!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/2100717/13017159

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/12/23 8:13 a.m.

In reply to ClemSparks :

Perfect timing. I have to drive to Illinois for work today. I'll listen to you guys first.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
6/12/23 4:56 p.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

Excellent, thanks!

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
6/26/23 9:32 p.m.

We dropped an episode yesterday.

We're soliciting listener engagement!  Send us a carrier pigeon with comments, etc.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
7/9/23 12:37 p.m.

Episode 16 is up! Our podcast is old enough to drive now!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/9/23 1:21 p.m.

Wonderful.  Just in time for tomorrow morning's 1 hour drive.  Thanks!  

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/10/23 9:38 a.m.
singleslammer said:

Episode 16 is up! Our podcast is old enough to drive now!

This isn't how time works...

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
7/10/23 9:39 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

wae
wae PowerDork
7/11/23 9:56 a.m.

I think there are a couple things that need to be clarified.  First of all, you were sworn to secrecy on the bodies in the trunk.  Second, I think Robbie did most of the tuning.  Most of my contribution to the tuning was trying to figure out a way to get megasquirt to start a car that didn't have fuel.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
7/11/23 10:06 a.m.

In reply to wae :

That still counts! It was your laptop too.

Sorry about the trunk situation... Blame Alan.

psteav (Forum Supporter)
7/12/23 10:23 a.m.
wae said:

First of all, you were sworn to secrecy on the bodies in the trunk. 

Well, if you listen two more episodes into the future, I spill Jordan's IRL address on the cast, so you and your daughter can get another cross-country killing spree (oops, I mean "bonding spree") in.   Also, if you kill him we'll need a third host, so you can fill in while you're here.

Opti
Opti SuperDork
7/12/23 10:31 a.m.

In reply to psteav (Forum Supporter) :

You know editing software can fix that.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TdNJiptGsdHumOJDV2i2wg5itDVN2G19rQcjo0EnjyWcpb3RvfcwVzpYtqszEmWl