1 ... 5 6 7
ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
3/17/24 10:08 a.m.

's up Cheesebags!

The latest edition of the "Junk Connoisseurs" just hit the podcast wherevers this morning. 

It sounds like we're starting to get some traction in weird corners of the internet and podverse. 

We'd sure appreciate if you'd share us with friends by word of mouth, social media, or by posting a flyer on your local community bulletin board.

We have found that a large part of our target audience doesn't actually understand what a podcast is or know how to find and listen to a podcast.  We can help with that if it's a barrier.

Find us on facebook, evidently we're on instagraham, and as always, send us an email at junkconisr@gmail.com

Here's the link to the host site...but you should be able to find us wherever you listen to podcasts:  https://www.buzzsprout.com/2100717/14704418

Thanks!

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/17/24 2:16 p.m.

I think it has a bit to do with us all being Missouri folk, but I won't miss an episode. Thats a rarified place since I'm a professional podcast listener. By that I mean I spend so much time driving my Transit Connect around Missouri (mostly) for my job that I have hours and hours to listen to pods. You all are very entertaining to listen to even when I could care less about whatever vehicle you are talking about.  Right up there with high side/low side podcast from revzilla.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/17/24 2:45 p.m.

Junk Connoisseurs, the most cromulent little podcast in Cheesebag County

I'm of the opinion that the "Cars" world is an excellent place for Junk Connoisseurs related parodies.  

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
3/17/24 3:52 p.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

Another local(ish)?! Where are you at fellow MOian? What do you think about the Junk Connoisseurs World Tour rally? 

gunner (Forum Supporter)
3/17/24 4:30 p.m.
singleslammer said:

Another local(ish)?! Where are you at fellow MOian? What do you think about the Junk Connoisseurs World Tour rally? 

Nixa specifically. I live next door to where Jason Bourne grew up. Such a quiet street. Anywho, I haven't listened to your latest episode yet. Is the JCWTR in your latest podcast? Sounds intriguing.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
3/17/24 4:45 p.m.

I thought we illuded to a day rally a few episodes back but it is still in planning. Something similar to a lemons rally where we just get together and have have a bit of a rolling cars and coffee from one arbitrary place to another. The thought was possibly to end at the Ozark raceway in Laurie on the West side of the lake of the Ozarks. Still trying to determine when to do this. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/17/24 5:09 p.m.

I have been very much enjoying the pod...the cast...!  I save it for some morning work drives of an hour or more.  

I often wonder if you hear me when I am talking back to you from my van?  The hardest part of these are that it is not a 2 way conversation that I can jump into.  It does sort of make me wish there was a service that would read to me the GRM forum while I drive and then let me dictate replies.  

gunner (Forum Supporter)
3/18/24 8:17 a.m.
singleslammer said:

I thought we illuded to a day rally a few episodes back but it is still in planning. Something similar to a lemons rally where we just get together and have have a bit of a rolling cars and coffee from one arbitrary place to another. The thought was possibly to end at the Ozark raceway in Laurie on the West side of the lake of the Ozarks. Still trying to determine when to do this. 

There's one episode I have 4 minutes left on, maybe its that one or its possible I heard it and thought it was one of your "commercials" or it slid past my ears altogether, which would not surprise me at all. Still sounds intriguing.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/18/24 10:00 a.m.

I'm not usually a podcast listener, but this is the exception. I'm a regular.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
3/18/24 2:18 p.m.

I think Alex brought it up at the end of one episode so yeah, it could be that one. Though I did go back and listen to several episodes last few minutes. Maybe it didn't make the cut. Anyway, we want to do something like this and would enjoy having others along as well. 

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
3/18/24 2:19 p.m.

I've been enjoying this podcast immensely. The witty banter and clever jokes are top notch.

wae
wae UltimaDork
4/29/24 9:13 p.m.

I had to come inside from pulling stupid weeds from the stupid garden in the stupid backyard to let you know that the Island of Misfits Toys is not part of Toy Story.  You're thinking of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with Burl Ives.

Also, maybe you could put me in touch with the Food Enough people to sponsor a build putting two of those Turbonique setups on the Biturbo.  A Biturbine Biturbo would be the most epic way to die since the Roman Empire fell.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
4/29/24 9:36 p.m.

In reply to wae :

I think that I got corrected next episode. Blame the tour guide at Lane Motor Museum as he said it! 

-Jordan

malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/3/24 7:45 a.m.

I listened to a whole bunch this week.

Id like to comment that the 267 sbc is my favorite small block chevy.

I nearly tripled its power output using backyard methods about 8years ago, beat on it for a year and the motor currently lives on (without boost) in my dads Elco with absolutely no issues. 

malibuguy said:

I guess that's a situation where you can have all of them you want, since no one else does!  I suppose there's nothing inherently wrong with them except low displacement and the fact that they're all low-compression low output lumps in stock form...but pretty much every V8 from that era was.   See also 221 Ford, 301 Pontiac, 400 Mopar, etc.   Nothing boost can't fix.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
5/3/24 12:27 p.m.

In reply to malibuguy :

That's the same dog slow V8 my dad had in his 1980 Malibu wagon. I hated that lump as a teenager. v8 gas mileage, I4 performance. Our plan (his and mine) was to pull that out and install a 350 sb since it would ostensibly slide right in. Instead I wrecked it two weeks after I got my license and bent the frame. We scrapped that plan after that incident. He did get it repaired and I drove it for another 2 years. It made me realize that the Malibu was Chevy's badass name for a milquetoast car.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UberDork
5/4/24 11:49 a.m.

I believe the rally was mentioned 3 or 4 episodes back. I don't stay current on the episodes because I always want to have at least 1 on deck in case I need a dose of cheesebaggery.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
5/5/24 8:19 p.m.
malibuguy said:

I nearly tripled its power output using backyard methods about 8years ago, beat on it for a year and the motor currently lives on (without boost) in my dads Elco with absolutely no issues. 

Wow...that's some serious 267 action!  

I don't like the 267, but then again I kind of love it.  Underdog!  You've certainly earned "King 267" status with us.

King 267, we salute you.  Stay fresh my Royal CheeseBag!  And thanks for listening!

--Alex

Max P. Dingrods (Forum Supporter)
Max P. Dingrods (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/27/24 10:10 a.m.

Like a social disease, it just.  wont. go. away.

This week we discuss how to get into clubs without paying cover, talk about experiences being lightly questioned by the FBI, and the impact a certain Texan had on another country's production of tiny convertibles. 

https://www.buzzsprout.com/2100717/15137916-ep-39-the-las-vegas-traveler-guide-episode

malibuguy
6/16/24 7:15 p.m.
singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
6/17/24 1:36 p.m.

In reply to malibuguy :

That is fantastic!

malibuguy
6/22/24 1:52 p.m.

Currently listening to ep 40 while working on my AX car.  I appreciate the shoutout 😀

The motor that replaced the turbo 267 in my Malibu is a Toyota 1uz v8...I hope to get back onto that project and get it finished this year (i started the swap 7 years ago)

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SE8lhxaoY3oddfseSdUDFW8BZncrrU12QE4xVjwlGzqMmQliOn1qLiufjIrI7hKq