plance1
plance1 Dork
2/6/11 1:23 p.m.

The glovebox won. I had to get into it, there was something in it I needed. For some reason, it decided today to not open. I tried everything, locking it, unlocking it, etc. Finally I used a prybar while turning the knob to open it and almost got hit in the eye with a shard of broken plastic that came shooting out when it finally did open. So of course I can't get it shut and since the light is now on I had to disconnect the light to avoid battery drain.

I did blow the doors off a Mustang GT today so I guess that makes up for it.

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/6/11 1:38 p.m.

thread win and yes, the GT doors blowing does make up for it lol

DaveEstey
DaveEstey HalfDork
2/6/11 1:42 p.m.

For once the interior of an American car triumphs over an import haha

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
2/6/11 2:00 p.m.

I'll be parting my 90 744 soon so let me know if you need any dash parts.

Good job with the Mustang

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
2/6/11 2:44 p.m.
racinginc215 wrote: Did you not read the post? he needs a glove box

Depends on what part broke and almost got him in the eye

plance1
plance1 Dork
2/6/11 2:50 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: I'll be parting my 90 744 soon so let me know if you need any dash parts. Good job with the Mustang

I wouldn't mind having a parts turbo wagon lying around, I'll send you a pm. Yes, I almost needed a glass eye too.

plance1
plance1 Dork
2/6/11 3:05 p.m.
NickF40 wrote: thread win and yes, the GT doors blowing does make up for it lol

He was dithering while getting on the highway, there were two turn lanes and after the turn they merge to one. I used the outside lane to pass him because I wanted to get the light..funny how passing people going slow suddenly makes them want to go fast. But by the time he woke up someone else got around him and merged in front of him too. He got right on their bumper while I left plenty of space between me and the car in front of me....at the appropriate time I gunned it, used up all the space between me and the car in front and by the time we all merged the car in front of me was going about 60, I won't say how much faster I was going, the car behind me was going about 50 and since he chose to stay on their bumper....so was he. We both got into the far left lane but by the time we did he was still far behind. Its a little thing I learned from watching Dale Earnhart back in the day....so the truth is, I'm not sure I'm any quicker (stock boost level) maybe just a little smarter. Still bummed about the glovebox though.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/6/11 3:49 p.m.

nothing like a nondescript turbo brick to ruin somebody's day

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ph70PjF8QuYliGKjzmx4jHS9UNDxyCaD6vgwXKad9sTzGYMU0PdImDSHGxjqClsA