1 2
Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
1/13/15 8:36 p.m.

I bought that same car but silver new in July. It will turn over 30,000 this weekend.

I am seeing 33-36 mixed with 38-40 highway calculated. The on board computer seems a bit optimistic.

Fun little car for an econobox. My only real complaint is that they don't like to be shifted quickly into 2nd without grinding. Supposedly a trans fluid change to redline or amsoil helps this.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
1/13/15 9:07 p.m.

Holy crap, that's a lot of driving! Yeah, I'm seeing high 30s o the freeway. I'm assuming that's really low to mid 30s in real world numbers, which I'm OK with at the end of the day.

Thanks for the tip on the redline. I will keep it in the back pocket for sure.

BTW, got any insight into which of the cruze forums out there are the better bet for a favorable signal to noise ratio?

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
1/14/15 6:56 a.m.

Those are calculated numbers by hand. My last three were 40 (almost all highway at 65mph) 33 (50/50 mix at higher speeds) and 35 (75% highway at 70-75).

The mpgs drop off quick over 65.

Cruzetalk seems to be the busiest but I'm not active on it since this is a DD for me and I have 8 other cars and a bike.

I might do a cold air intake but a tune and downpipe are going to have to wait til its out of warranty which will only be another year and a half or so.

So far the only issue I've had was a radio that cut off intermittently. That was fixed by the dealer who reportedly traced it to a bad ground.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
1/14/15 6:56 p.m.

Thanka for all the info! I am reading about the COP resistor removal mod on cruzetalk right now. I'm guessing that's not the most warranty friendly mod though, especially considering you really need to increase the boost via ecu tune.

What's really mind blowing is how tiny the intake is at the throttle plenum. I'd say that's where I probably want to start. That and a slightly beefier turbo...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
1/19/15 2:22 p.m.

So, a week in, and I'm a total bowtie addict once again. Any issues I used to have with the Generals optioning and design after owning our 1st year Terrain have been completely overshadowed by the fit and finish of this econo-commuter.

The seats are probably the best Ive sat in over the past 10 years. The shifter is great, and the ride is as well. I even don't hate the computer throttle, or the electric steering (though I will never like it...).

I'm already looking into mods. Im thinking I need to focus on throttle response and breathing. I'm spending a good bit of time on research...clearly I want to keep the warranty intact, and spend wisely, so I'm being really selective. Overall though, I feel like the aftermarket has really embraced the Cruze, so that's pretty great.

Anyway, just wanted to put my feedback out there for anyone looking at this segment...Cruze seems to be a great value, especially if you can get in at the end of the season.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
1/19/15 2:27 p.m.

Then don't look at www.zzperformance.com .

I drive too much for a gasser Cruze. I would have jumped at the diesel if it was manual. Only reason I have my Jetta vs a Cruze.....

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
1/19/15 3:17 p.m.

ZZ gets a lot of positive feedback on cruzetalk. They're probably going to get me into a lot of trouble...

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
1/19/15 4:30 p.m.

I had a lot of ZZ stuff on my GTP, good people.

BeardedJag
BeardedJag New Reader
1/19/15 5:12 p.m.

ZZP is a good company, ive use them a few times on my GP GT. great selection and pretty good pricing. Id start there.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3LkWeOjhCBNumclTn55u04nfdFa6DKkEJ0COqL0gkr0tpFhVfy9LsV3jOYhn1uAj