KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
10/30/20 3:48 a.m.

something is seriously wrong with me.   I don't need this car, I probably won't drive it, but last night after looking at it and not even starting the stupid thing, I agreed to buy it.   1989 Dodge Daytona.  43,000 miles.   More pics to follow.

If it is the sort of thing that tickles your crank, I may have bought it for you.  Let me know.

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
10/30/20 5:34 a.m.

When I saw purple and 2.2 turbo my first thought was Chrysler TC by Maserati in 1989-only bordeaux color. 

Vigo (Forum Supporter)
Vigo (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/30/20 9:06 a.m.

A sight i know very well. Let me know if you need any tech support. I literally have half a dozen of the cars and about 1000lbs worth of the engines/parts here. 

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
10/30/20 9:08 a.m.

I'd plug some things in before trying to start it. :p 

Hard to argue with a turbo Dodge though. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/30/20 9:21 a.m.

*whispers quietly so KyAllroad won't hear* I've always wanted a turbo Dodge.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/20 9:32 a.m.

"Back in the day" There was a guy at the local tuning shop that was making 400+HP in a Daytona based drag car with the stock block.  Not sure about the crank/rods/pistons but from what I remember he said that 300hp was simple on stock components.  

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
10/30/20 11:16 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

buy it buy it buy it buy it

I already have the Miata with no engine and the Fiero of massive superchargeryness.  I really DO NOT need yet another creature of ancient bones and pop up headlights.  It's well under challenge money if you are actually interested.

miatafan (Forum Supporter)
miatafan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/30/20 9:13 p.m.

I had an 88 Daytona Shelby Z (with t tops and a manual) in the early 90s and loved it.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/30/20 9:39 p.m.

The daytona needs a RWD conversion, and the 2.2 turbo can then go to another, lighter project!

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
10/30/20 9:43 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to NickD :

buy it buy it buy it buy it

I already have the Miata with no engine and the Fiero of massive superchargeryness.  I really DO NOT need yet another creature of ancient bones and pop up headlights.  It's well under challenge money if you are actually interested.

Please tell us it's an auto, or was a northern car, or has holes in the roof for glass that leaks so I'll stop looking at the engine pic

Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
10/31/20 7:50 p.m.

That one would actually be a 2.5 not a 2.2. but pretty much the same thing.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/1/20 12:28 a.m.

Not being sure, I started to type 2.5, but second guessed myself!

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/1/20 6:19 p.m.

www.thedodgegarage.com.  TONS of info on interchange and best factory parts to make power, but it hasn't really been thoroughly updated in literally 20 years.

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/1/20 6:21 p.m.
03Panther said:

The daytona needs a RWD conversion, and the 2.2 turbo can stay in it and slay giants.

FTFY

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UxW6tmD97LTlCS5G4npi07P6Hoh8VNHPkaimSmFRVXmROAygS8Pax6jehR5yYRsy